Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's Emma Harrison by the way? Seen the name on here a few times

She's the big cheese (or was) at A4e, one of the WP providers.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

What is NLP?

An acute form of Cargo Cult Science... another example is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Although someone reported that A4E mandated conscripts to attend NLP, delivered by "NLP Practitioners", I am not sure whether i) the baloneous technique is more widely used within other W2W pimps, and ii) whether tutors have been reported for attempting to practice medicine without possessing a license.

In respect to the Flexible New Deal, it was common practice for agencies to recruit tutors to deliver "Employability Training" within the Welfare To Work Sector (such as A4E and Working Links) where candidates need not have been qualified teachers, and needed to possess no teaching qualifications.

An acute form of Cargo Cult Science... another example is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Although someone reported that A4E mandated conscripts to attend NLP, delivered by "NLP Practitioners", I am not sure whether i) the baloneous technique is more widely used within other W2W pimps, and ii) whether tutors have been reported for attempting to practice medicine without possessing a license.

In respect to the Flexible New Deal, it was common practice for agencies to recruit tutors to deliver "Employability Training" within the Welfare To Work Sector (such as A4E and Working Links) where candidates need not have been qualified teachers, and needed to possess no teaching qualifications.

They still use the approach at Ingeus where I am

I don't want to name names but I found literature which sounds like the approach described in the wiki link

CBT has its uses and can be effective for certain disorders. Too much stock is put in it by some practitioners, who suggest it as the solution to everything including world peace. But it has a place as a psychological therapy.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

If its the job of the contact centre staff to contact you to see how your getting on (cough cough) who's job is it to contact your employer? Sorry just a question, I asked my manager about it before I withdrawn consent and he said it was the JC, and he a had quite a few phone calls off them, is it you old advisor who contacts them or is it someone higher up in that branch?

Hi everyone,

As you all know my temporary vacancy ended at Royal Mail...

Back at Ingeus today for my first appointment, My Advisor seemed OK with me considering i withdrew consent the day the temp position started. He asked how the job went, and when it ended etc. He asked for my job search, he never normally asks for this...

He left me to print off the evidence and said he would discuss matters further in 20 minutes or so...I guessed it would be something to do with withdrawing consent? Nope! He asked me to attend next week to complete 3 hours of cold calling, why waste time asking me to complete these tasks? I've withdrawn consent!!!...

I said i disagree with cold calling, due to being told to F off in the past. I said I'd be quiet happy to pop around town with my CV to pubs etc. He said that's fine with him, but he wants me to do cold calling next week!

As i was collecting my travel i noticed my previous Advisor walk over to my new Advisor and say...

"So, what have you done with Richard?"

I heard my Advisor say 3 hours of cold calling next week. My previous Advsior grinned and looked at me whilst rubbing his hands together. I believe this was a set up, a kind of get your own back approach...

Then my previous Advisor attended to a client and looked over at me...

He patronizingly waved his hand to me and smiled....

WHY WOULD INGEUS WASTE THEIR TIME WITH ME WHEN I'VE WITHDRAWN CONSENT? I believe this is a set up, My previous Advisor checks this website so knows what i put. I still think he's a little upset at me and wants revenge...

Hi everyone,

As you all know my temporary vacancy ended at Royal Mail...

Back at Ingeus today for my first appointment, My Advisor seemed OK with me considering i withdrew consent the day the temp position started. He asked how the job went, and when it ended etc. He asked for my job search, he never normally asks for this...

He left me to print off the evidence and said he would discuss matters further in 20 minutes or so...I guessed it would be something to do with withdrawing consent? Nope! He asked me to attend next week to complete 3 hours of cold calling, why waste time asking me to complete these tasks? I've withdrawn consent!!!...

I said i disagree with cold calling, due to being told to F off in the past. I said I'd be quiet happy to pop around town with my CV to pubs etc. He said that's fine with him, but he wants me to do cold calling next week!

As i was collecting my travel i noticed my previous Advisor walk over to my new Advisor and say...

"So, what have you done with Richard?"

I heard my Advisor say 3 hours of cold calling next week. My previous Advsior grinned and looked at me whilst rubbing his hands together. I believe this was a set up, a kind of get your own back approach...

Then my previous Advisor attended to a client and looked over at me...

He patronizingly waved his hand to me and smiled....

WHY WOULD INGEUS WASTE THEIR TIME WITH ME WHEN I'VE WITHDRAWN CONSENT? I believe this is a set up, My previous Advisor checks this website so knows what i put. I still think he's a little upset at me and wants revenge...

What good is 3 hours of cold calling? If it a set up then they are evil ********, It migh be an incentive they do. I withdrawn consent 6 months after leaving ingeus for this job, would my old advisor know about this?

Just an idle thought: Cold calling implies access to a telephone. I wonder what the most expensive number you could contact is? Wouldn't it be a shame for instance if you phoned the speaking clock in say Tokyo then went for a pee and a cup of coffee? Wonder what the phone number is?

What good is 3 hours of cold calling? If it a set up then they are evil ********, It migh be an incentive they do. I withdrawn consent 6 months after leaving ingeus for this job, would my old advisor know about this?

This website is monitored by Ingeus. I was caught out by posting an email from my Advisor, I couldn't exactly deny it!...

3 hours of cold calling...

My Advisors exact words...

"When you cold call don't take no for an answer, Make sure you push and push and sell yourself!"

Just an idle thought: Cold calling implies access to a telephone. I wonder what the most expensive number you could contact is? Wouldn't it be a shame for instance if you phoned the speaking clock in say Tokyo then went for a pee and a cup of coffee? Wonder what the phone number is?

Only "time" will tell! lol

"Hello, I was wondering if your company has any"................"NO", phone goes down.

(New strategy)," Hello, can I speak to someone in personnel?"

" Personnel?"

" Err yes "

"I'm awfully sorry but it's now human resources, shall I put you through to.....?"

" Oh that's ever so kind of you", " yes, we aim to please, who exactly did you want to speak to in the HM department?"

"Err I dunno, whoever has the job vacancies" " Ok sir/madam I'll just put you on hold"............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

"Hello, I was wondering if you may have any job vacancies?"

........"No, sorry, we do all our recruiting online/application forms"

"Well, I have 10 years Bar experience, fully trained and I have a personal licence"

........"We've already told you we're not after anyone!!! And if we were then our recruitment is by application only"

MY ADVISOR WANTS ME TO PUSH!....

"I'm the right person for the job though, I will do a work trial and show you what I can do!"

......"How many times do i have to tell you! We don't require anymore staff"

PHONE HANGS UP!!!!!!

This website is monitored by Ingeus. I was caught out by posting an email from my Advisor, I couldn't exactly deny it!...

3 hours of cold calling...

My Advisors exact words...

"When you cold call don't take no for an answer, Make sure you push and push and sell yourself!"

I did cold calling for 1 day ages ago and left and never went back, whilst at ingeus I had interviews which turned out to be cold calling and walked out, I told my advisor about them and she had no problem with me not wanting to do it, I didn't even apply for it, they seen my CV on jobsite and called me, as I said my advisor didnt push me to do it, I think the advisor that's pushing you to do it is a ****, and unless he's good reason to put you on it he's stitching you up

Yep, why would Ingeus waste their time on me when I've withdrawn consent?...

To try and annoy me i suppose! One thing that would annoy them is if i actually got a job offer from a cold call, they couldn't claim outcome payments as I've withdrawn consent! hahahaha

*update*

I've just read my job seekers agreement and it says...

*Write to at least 3 employers a week

*Phone at least 0 employers a week

*Visit at least 10 employers a week

*Search direct.gov 7 times a week

*Ask family and friends

*Look in local newspapers

So, if my agreement says phone 0 employers, then i don't need to cold call???

Edited by Masso

Yep, why would Ingeus waste their time on me when I've withdrawn consent?...

To try and annoy me i suppose! One thing that would annoy them is if i actually got a job offer from a cold call, they couldn't claim outcome payments as I've withdrawn consent! hahahaha

*update*

I've just read my job seekers agreement and it says...

*Write to at least 3 employers a week

*Phone at least 0 employers a week

*Visit at least 10 employers a week

*Search direct.gov 7 times a week

*Ask family and friends

*Look in local newspapers

So, if my agreement says phone 0 employers, then i don't need to cold call???

Your only commitment is to the Job Seekers Agreement... and, if in within a job search session, you apply for specific jobs, then that will satisfy the Job Seekers Agreement and also the plebs.

What does the Mandation Letter say ?

Help with travel costs is discretionary so they are not obliged to pay anything, also the help is only usually considered if there is a job offer at the end of the training and in JCP the help has to be claimed for in advance with all information provided to show a genuine need for the assistance so I assume it is the same when you are with a provider at work program.

Most providers claim they don't have funds to support these applications and will usually advise customers to ask at the JCP for help which angers a lot whe they are advised to go back to their providers as it is their responsibility to consider if tere is any assistance available

@rebeccapidgeon...

The letter is the standard one with appointment time etc.

On the back it says...

your activities for your next appointment are:

Client to come in and call through list of Bars to sell personal licence and self to them.

Funny thing is, Ingeus refused to help me with my personal licence back in March. Now my Advisor won't shut up about it...

Edited by Masso