1st Credit default on Experian

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - This is my first message. I'm so happy I found this great site it is a wealth of information!

I hope somebody may be able to offer some advice. I requested my Experian credit report as I'm trying to get a grip on my past debts. There is a default of £4344, defaulted on 19/09/06, to 1st Credit. The only thing this can apply to is a default on Barclaycard way back in the late 1990's. I no longer have this correspondance as I lived in London then and moved around a bit. I remember receiving some threatening letters from 1st Credit about this issue in 2003 when I moved to Swansea, which I didn't reply to as I wasn't in a position to pay anything. But since then I have received no corresponance from 1st Credit at all.

Can this debt still be enforced or is it statute barred. It seems illogical that a debt defaulted in the 1990's can be listed as defaulted in 2006? The credit report provides the contact details for 1st Credit, should I contact them and ask them to remove this default?

I would appreciate any help.

Many thanks,

Tim

Definitely do not phone them.

My first move would be to write Experian and challenge the entry they will usually

contact the creditor to confirm the details they have a correct.

It's a pity you have no paper work from the past as the only way practically is to do a subject access SAR then you will get all the documents.

Is this showing at your current address and can you remember getting a default notice in the 90's, you cant' be defaulted twice for the same debt,

but some of the sharks will try it 0n.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks I wont phone.

I'll write to Experian and request further information.

I've lost all paperwork from before 2004 which is a pain. I'm sorry I dont know what a SAR is?

The default is showing at my previous address which I left in March 2010. I can't remember receiving the original default notice from Barclaycard in the 90's , just the demands from 1st Credit in 2003, and absolutly nothing since.

The SAr is a legal request under the Data Protection ACT you have to pay a fee of £10.00 Pay by postal order and don'sign it they must then send you ALL

the data they hold on , there is an excellent template in the CAG library.

This sounds statute barred IMHO.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: