Parking in Loading Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4761 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I parked today in the loading bay for 3 minutes to change a device in the nearby shop, which was faulty. Car was on flash and my two kids were in car (doors locked of course). When I got back I was handed a ticket for parking in loading bay without loading. The whole parking was, quite literally, 3-5 minutes.

I don't have any witness statements, unfortunately, but I can contact the shop's owner who could sign a note that he exchanged a device at a specified time and it only took 3 minutes.

The ticket was issued by Ealing Council and is 110 pounds (55 if you pay in 14 days).

Do you think there are grounds for appeal? If chances are small, I'd rather pay half the fine than wait till they procrastinate and make my situation even worse!!)

Thanks for your advice.

Fatcatsat

Sorry, I don't think that there is any chance. I think that they have got you bang to rights.

An appeal has never harmed anyone and you get the reduced amount if it fails.

Should left your boot open

Yes then the kids could've climbed out and bitten the CEO's ankles :wink:

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Note from shop will only be of use if you were collecting a large or bulky item, ie 32" Tv sort of bulk as opposed to a laptop. I agree it seems petty, but not to a van driver who would then not be able to load or unload.

I don't think you have any chance unless the markings/signs were not up to scratch. Any photos/goole maps will help us to help you.

Next time I'll tell them to arm with water pistols or something... Pity it looks like it's not gonna work out. I tried to appeal a couple of times with Ealing Council and their decision is always on-sided.

Hello,

When I got back I was handed a ticket for parking in loading bay without loading. The whole parking was, quite literally, 3-5 minutes.

is it HANDED or Attached to windscreen??

I don't have any witness statements

if it's handed, then it's you who claim (if moral allows for then just wait until NTO and claim that CEO never gave you any PCN or attached to windscreen) while council has the burden to provide the proof for otherwise.

Do you think there are grounds for appeal?

Post the pic of bay. Small chance that there is some kind of flaw on markings/signs etc.If not, post the google link of the streetview.

If chances are small,

You create the chances. I'll start with one. You had children inside the car and likely due to this CEO didn't took any pictures of your car while in loading bay.Yeah pics are not necessary to prove contravention but without one, task is not that easy.They may have other countless methods to prove but never came across any better than the photos/vids.

I'd rather pay half the fine than wait till they procrastinate and make my situation even worse!!)

sometimes I refuse to play victim. Some CEO's let contraventions to happen rather than try to stop. Maybe not their fault, maybe it's not in job description but I question why not. While you were pulling on loading bay, CEO nearby decided to log you rather than approach and advice.

Anyway yeah IMO it's better to pay if there's a Zero chance

Fatcatsat

10chars