#NHS : Anyone had any positive experience of the Parliamentary health ombudsman

frankieg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last year i went to the health ombudsman who decline to investigate my complaint about my fathers care . So i spoke to my MP about it and he was extremely concerned that what happened to dad could easily happen again to someone else. So he approached the ombudsman direct and asked for another ombudsman to review the complaint( he felt the one that did was new and inexperienced) . They turned him down and instead told me i was to ask them to re- look at their decision not to investigate. So I've done that but i am not too hopeful they will change their minds. . On their website they say they received 900 complaints last year and only investigated 22- which seems pathetic. Has anyone ever actually gotten them to investigate a complaint or to reconsider their decision not to investigate? And if so did they uphold the complaint ?

Hi Frankieg, ive not been to the ombusman and wont because once you have taken that route then theres no going back and the case is closed, the hospital have tried to make me take that route but i wont be moved as you have said 900 complaints and only 22 investigated so where did all the complaints go then in the bin i suppose