#Employment : Disciplinary Hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in the health service and have been informed that I need to attend a disciplinary hearing relating to lack of supervision for a student/lack of observation of a patient (from patient complaint). My query is this: I have already resigned from this job (not because of the above) and got a job in the private health care sector, I will have worked my notice by the time that the hearing dates come around. Can/How will the hearing affect my new position or will the matter be kept confidential at the hospital.

I would imagine that if youre already gone from the position that they cant haul you back to be grilled since you no longer answer to them. And since its illegal for an employer to intentionally torpedo someone in a new position you should be ok. From personal experience Id be wary of 'unofficial' contact tho. Ie, people from your old position who just happen to know someone in your new position and thus causing a problem.

If your new position has already been offered or youve already started, unless there was a problem in your performance now then I cant imagine there would be a proplem. Elpulpo or SarEl would prob be able to answer this with an higher level of certainty though.