OHs Argos store card

Happyhippy1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guy's

Hippy back again, just a quick one, I have several debts and all are running along nicely but today I have received out of the blue a demand from Fredrickson International Ltd in respect to a Argos Card I had.

I thought this was sorted and in my 16 £1.00 standing orders!!!! but alas no. I have told these pond life that I will be SAR Argos to see why my last statement in 2009 of £640.00 has now gone up to £855.00 I know muppetcroft had hold of this before.

What my question is,,, if the pond rats called DCA's have been adding on there charges is this legal, ?????? I am first going request a CCA from Argus and see what comes. Just want your thoughts on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guy's

Hippy back again, just a quick one, I have several debts and all are running along nicely but today I have received out of the blue a demand from Fredrickson International Ltd in respect to a Argos Card I had.

I thought this was sorted and in my 16x £1.00 standing orders!!!! but alas no. I have told these pond life that I will be SAR Argos to see why my last statement in 2009 of £640.00 has now gone up to £855.00 I know muppetcroft had hold of this before.

What my question is,,, if the pond rats called DCA's have been adding on there charges is this legal, ?????? I am first going to request a CCA from Argus and see what comes. Just want your thoughts on this.

What my question is,,, if the pond rats called DCA's have been adding on there charges is this legal, ?????? I am first going to request a CCA from Argus and see what comes. Just want your thoughts on this.
It depends, if the a/c has been sold then any further charges would be subject to the T&Cs of the original agreement. If still owned by Argos then interest etc will still be added.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

reading with interest about Fredrickson International. They are acting on behalf of Argos Store card and this one I missed out of my long list of creditors, it was with muppetcroft but they did not want to supply standing order details and I did not want to pay extortionate paying in fee's at post office with there books. Now, first letter today, I have replied back saying thank you for bringing this to my attention the amount though does not tally with my last statement from Argos so I have told them I am going to SAR argos to see what's going on as it has been two years since I heard from them.

Now you say these bad boys are quick for the courts,!!!! all my other creditors have accepted £1.00 token payments and with the exception of Marlin have been fine about it. Thanks to Bazooka we have put those bad boys to rest for a while, Yorkshire bank have returned all my statements for the last six years so I am going to count up the charges and deal with marlins shortly though they have been getting a token payment even while waiting. What worries me is that a judge may not look to favourably on me for missing this off and no payments since early 2010. Though am I right in saying that the letter sent to Argos requesting SAR should hold those vultures off!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will the CCA be included in the SAR????

pos not unless you asked for it .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes I agree Tingy, BUT! Any SAR should also be sent with the caveat that you "Specifically" require X Y & Z, cover all of your bases, hence why if you wish to reclaim charges from a bank then you will specifically request those documents "as well as" ALL other documents within the SAR.

Alternatively if you feel they have not complied fully with your request then a LBA giving them a further 7 or 14 days to respond before complaining to the ICO.

IMO any SAR should specifically state EXACTLY what info it is you want included in the bundle, that way then if it isn't, then they either don't have it or they will fall foul of the ICO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Tingy and BB, as ever quick and very very useful advice. Have sent the letter telling them thanks for bringing the matter to my attention and that I seek further information from there client.... i.e a SAR. Will see what the wind blows in on that on.

Yes I agree Tingy, BUT! Any SAR should also be sent with the caveat that you "Specifically" require X Y & Z, cover all of your bases, hence why if you wish to reclaim charges from a bank then you will specifically request those documents "as well as" ALL other documents within the SAR.

Alternatively if you feel they have not complied fully with your request then a LBA giving them a further 7 or 14 days to respond before complaining to the ICO.

IMO any SAR should specifically state EXACTLY what info it is you want included in the bundle, that way then if it isn't, then they either don't have it or they will fall foul of the ICO.

Bazooka,

In your experience is a SAR likely to throw up a few surprises? I'm really thinking of myself and others who have badly "cut & pasted" CCa's, particularly from Barclaycard. Do you think they would send the same document under a SAR as a CCA request?

They should send it whether or not you've asked for it.

Yes, but it's the same as wanting your signature for a CCA, anything they can do to frustrate and delay the process by a smidgen then they do. Besides I always assume that every DCA is 'asking for it' and I hope I don't disappoint....:boxing:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Moorcroft were dealing with my Argos store card but never ever sent me there standing order details so never set up my token payment.

Letter out of the blue from Freds who I thanked for bringing this to my attention. The bill has rose dramatically so I am going to SAR Argos and see what is going on.

Attached is the letter returned, hmmmmm signature for SAR and still liability to pay,,,, there jumping the gun.

I have sent two SAR's off before and have not signed so I am not going to give my signature over.. Also would love to write a nice letter back to Fred's telling them they are a step a head of the game. Think I need Bazooka Boo's skilful sarcastic letter writing skills.

I know these shower are the worst of the bunch as they have there pitt-bull Mr Carter, so am going to tread carefully here, especially as I am a house owner, though in negative equity by £20,000, all my other creditors have accepted token payments and as I said have only requested two SAR's before on a overdraft and have not even gone down the CCA route on any of my creditors with most of my CC being taken out in the mid 90's. I have had offers of up to 60% reductions so this has put me on my guard about the enforceability of a lot of my debts.

Question

1. should I hold off paying the token payment until I receive information back from Argos.????

Await advice.

Hippy

8-)8-)8-)

freds.pdf

• 2 months later...

Right, story so far..

Sent SAR to Argos on the 28th April 2011,,, not heard a dicky bird back. They cashed the cheque a while back. Now this through the door from Freds yesterday. Cheeky sods. Have sent letter back saying in dispute as your client has not fulfilled obligation.

Is this the correct action??? and as Freds are only acting on behalf of Argos is it right that they can take no court action, it needs to be Argoose..???

freds demanding.pdf

Ok, Freds are back with there usual even though I sent a letter, well two actually one to there PO address and another to there offices.. Have sent account in dispute and a put up or shut up letter...

freds cens.pdf

freds final letter requesting SA.doc

Only one problem with this you are actually asking these twits to read a letter, an even bigger problem has just occurred to me they would also have to be able to understand the contents of your letter. You have included words of more than four characters that makes the second problem impossible for them to overcome.

dpick

Edited by dpick
still cana spell

Hi

As Freds are threatening legal action, I would complain and report them to Trading Standards. All they can do is advise their client to sue, not take direct action unless they have bought the debt

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yo dpick that has made me chuckle,,, just gone and posted with certificate of posting...Argoose cashed my mothers cheque on June 2nd 2011,,, six day's after receipt of SAR request..... Put on the back of cheque and letter,, ONLY TO BE USED FOR SAR.....

There is something funny here, fred's were willing straight away to accept me £1.00 token payment,,,, hmmmm,,,, I have always continued paying when in dispute with other companies but these boys phish me off so much they just bully people, they had the cheek to even write and say if Argos could not produce CCA that I still had a moral obligation to pay,,,, hmmmmmmmmmmm well will offer Full and Final settlement of £20.00 on a £550 debt which some how went up to £880 hence the SAR...!!!!!!!!!!! then reduce every month they refuse..... these boy's are the only ones I have not paid a penny too.... Marlins I am in dispute with over charges on an overdraft along with muppetcroft for there admin fee on a small O2 bill.... but as I said to them, they will get what I think I owe and let them fire me through the courts for there dodgy charges.

Col Gaddaffi is more popular than my credit rating, so don't give a damn about that. NEVER EVER WANT CREDIT AGAIN. It is amazing how you learn to live without it, it has been over two years now and its as if I never had a Credit Card,. First months were hard but boy how quick you adapt.

Thanks Silver Fox,,, I thought that.... they are just using the bullying tactics really,,, I would have really worried two + years ago but thank all the god's above you guys are just the best..... never thought I would enjoy there puerile missives coming through the door as much as I do now... ( love Bazookas puerile missives )

Ok Boys and Girls Freds have let loose there pet Solicitor Bryan on me. Just received this letter this morning. I am going to ring from me Skype but just want a few words of advice.

Argos have not sent any documents in request of me SAR,,, they have cashed the cheque, it is now Sixty + days since they received. As for me supplying him with any documents that's a joke is it not.????

Can't wait to ring those clowns freds,,,, but let's see what you great guys can advise.

Bryan_carter.pdf

Two options as I see it. 1 ignore or 2 send letter along the lines of "As your client has to this date supplied no documentation with respect to this alleged debt I am unable to comment further."

dpick

Looks goood HH,

Why not ask the ''expert'' Mr.(F) Carter about the OC 's failure to provide a legally

required SAR request ask him what yo should do about it, bit of free advice from THE MAN:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Add FORMAL to that and he'll be a brown trouser job:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: