Shop Direct Finance Co Ltd and MKDPP LLP

LilMissM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I am new to this site today and am hoping someone on here can help me.

I started receiving text messages from a company called Mackenzie Hall about two weeks ago. I ignored the texts as I assumed they were spam but two days ago I received a letter from them as follows:

"We are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter. We have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject.

Therefore if you are the person named above, then please contact our office immediately on telephone number 0844 411 5655 quoting the above reference number, whereupon further detailed information can be provided."

I Google'd this company and discovered they were a debt collection agency who deal in very old debts and are generally not very nice people to deal with. I have absolutely no idea what this debt is as in 2007 I had a massive brain haemorrhage and have virtually zero memory of my life before that date, so I went to the local CAB today who advised me to write a Without Prejudice letter to them asking what the claim is for etc. I am not very good with things like this so was hoping someone on here would be able to help me write this Without Prejudice letter so I can send it to these people recorded delivery and find out what the heck it is all about. I have made no contact with Mackenzie Hall as yet. I do not want them sending me anymore text messages or phoning my house phone and leaving automated messages which they have also started doing. Yes I do feel a bit harrassed by them and quite frankly it's causing me lots of headaches which, after having a brain haemorrhage I could do without!

Any help from you wonderful people would be extremely appreciated

Thank you in advance x

Hi and Welcome.

IGNORE everything from Muck All, but keep filed away in case you need it at a later date.

They are phishing, do not bite.

The only time you respond to anything from these people is if you receive Court Papers and I'm more likely to win the Lottery and Palace win the Premiership.

Jogs

Thank you for the kind welcome :) I have considered ignoring them completely but the text messages and now phone calls to my home are doing my head in and I am worried sick that they will send bailiffs round to my house :( x

This is a common misconception.

They cannot send a Bailiff to your house, unless they issue Court Proceedings, Manage to get a judgement and then you not pay the judgement. As I have stated, there is more chance of Elvis living in Crawley.

They can sent a debt collector to your house and you can legally tell him to pi$$ off. If he does not leave, he commits a criminal act 8-)

I know it sounds rather hard, but don't stress yourself, they have NO rights whatsoever.

If you would prefer to write to them and ask what the debt is for and to tell them to stop phoning, I can link you to the letters.

JOgs

If you would prefer to write to them and ask what the debt is for and to tell them to stop phoning, I can link you to the letters.

JOgs

If you could let me have that link (along with any helpful tips) I would be very grateful :) More than anything I just want them to stop texting me and phoning my house. I live with my best friend who is going through chemotherapy and the last thing I want is for debt collectors to come knocking at the door hassling him or me. I do want to ignore them but will that actually make them stop? x

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you wish to deal with them, do it in writing only.

In this LINK are some letters you can send them. Look in section 1 for a 'prove it' letter and then look at section 4

You could head each letter with,'I do not acknowledge any debt to your company nor any company you claim to represent.'

Please don't let Muck Hall get to you. Jogs is spot on with the advice given

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi again, sorry to sound dumb but how can I word it saying that I do not want them phoning or texting me anymore and any further correspondence should be done my letter only? I'm going to use the 'prove it' template :) x

Hi again, sorry to sound dumb but how can I word it saying that I do not want them phoning or texting me anymore and any further correspondence should be done my letter only? I'm going to use the 'prove it' template :) x

Just put the telephone haressment letter in the same envelope :-)

Hi Stella and lilmissmoosh.

I thought palace would win the premier league there a dead cert to go up, unlike Norwich City. LOL.

Trust me there is more than one way to deal with Mucky hall If they phone u refuse to answer the security questions repeating constuantly remove this number from your records or the person u are trying to contact does not own this phone line. Text messages delete them and ask ur provider to block there number as they are harrassing u.

The letter is a phising letter. you will recieve another one with more details. then send a prove it letter.

The choice is yours. My favorites were a whistle down the phone. or giving the phone to my son, who was 4 at the time, he would tell them all about his day at nursery or school and stuff like that. they soon got bored.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thank you Godmother (and havinastella and silverfox1961), I will wait and see if I get another letter from them before sending my 'prove it' and 'telephone harrassment' letters :) I will keep you updated.

From the sounds of the advice I've been given today this Mackenzie Hall doesn't sound like a very nice company. I did read some rather horrible comments from people who have had dealings with them in the past saying that they are rude and aggressive. I don't know how they are allowed to get away with it.

I feel much better for having posted on this forum :) x

They are rude they can be agressevie but just remember u pay your phone bill not them. they are tying up ur phone line. As lsaid earlier if they rign ask them to remove the number from there records and pretent your not u.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

I have today received a letter on Shop Direct Finance Company Limited (sort of) headed paper as follows:

We are writing to inform you that the above account was assigned and transferred by Shop Direct Finance Company Limited to MKDPP LLP on 4th october 2010.

This means that the effective owners of the above account are now MKDP LLP.

MKDPP LLP has appointed MKRR as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to MKRR, TradePro House, Seebeck Place, Knowhill, Milton Keynes MK5 8FR. They can be called on 0330 300 1004.

We confirm that the amount outstanding on your account as at the 4th October 2010 was £53.66.

With effect from date of receipt of this notice all payments due to Shop Direct Finance Company Limited shall be paid to MKDP LLP. The details of the MKDPP LLP account for these purposes are: Royal Bank of Scotland, Sort Code 15-10-00, and account number 22910720, please quote (reference) on all payments you make.

I have no idea what this is and, while I know the amount they are asking for is only £53.66, I am scared of replying or contacting them in case it throws up a whole load more of companies like them claiming I owe money from god knows when. I am not at this point disputing the claim, I just don't know what it is (brain haemorrhage in 2007 left my memory of life before 2007 pretty much non existent). I have had a letter from McKenzie Hall recently too (dealt with by the good, kind people on here in another thread) and there just seems to be one letter after another from some company or other. It's starting to really stress me out as I don't know what to do :sad: Could anyone offer any advice on this matter please? x

Send them this; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

The onus is on them to prove a debt exists & that it's enforceable. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thank you cerberusalert. I am happy to pay the amount owed (if it turns out that I do indeed owe it) but my worry is that by paying that debt I could leave myself open to any other DCA 'finding' me and sending letters, phone calls etc about other possible debts from my past. I have had three DCA's contact me in the last couple of months about things that, apart from one, I have no recollection about :sad: x

If anyone contacts you demanding any payment send the letter in post #2 & make them prove it exists. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Wow that is a long time to wait to inform u. 6 months, how do they know u have not paid it in that time?

Just go with what Cerberusalert has said contact them with that letter then come back to us when you here back from them.

Tho l do think it is a long time to wait to let u know as u may have paid it of in that time

• 1 year later...

I recently was unable to make a couple of monthly payments with my catalogue

and have incurred a number of £12 'penalty' charges.

I have spoken to them and explained that as my working hours had recently been cut down

I was struggling at the moment to make the required monthly amounts

and that giving me penalty charges was not going to help me get my account up to date

and could I pay a certain amount off each month until either

a) my account was up to date or

b) my work gave me more hours.

They said yes to this but then said the minimum amount they would accept is £48 a month

(which is only £2 a month less than I was paying originally

so I am still struggling to pay the amount each month)

and if I didn't make the payment on the due date I would keep incurring £12 penalty charges.

I have been advised by someone from this website that I can claim the penalty charges back

without it affecting my using the catalogue again once my account is up to date.

Could anyone here tell me what I have to do to start this process please?

Thank you :) x

• 4 months later...

I have a £1040 outstanding account with Very from last year.

I never carried on my payments because I was very ill and required hospitalisation.

But I have checked my Noodle report today and seen that this outstanding amount has gone up to over £1000 now

so I would like to know how I go about reducing the amount with monthly payments

but I am on a very low wage and can't afford much right now.

Can anyone tell me the best way to go about sorting this out?

I am not trying to get out of paying it but I'd rather get it sorted now because it just looks like they're gonna keep adding charge after charge onto the account :(

Thank you x

Hiya,

First I would send them a sar so you can reclaim any charges/ppi/service charges.

Then i would follow the advice in this thread to get a payment arrangement with interest frozen

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?340272-Very-and-isme/page2

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)