#Employment : 29th April which is a bank hol dont employer have to pay for time off?????????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, the 29th April is a bank holiday now, ive asked about this day to my employer and he said i could have it off but unpaid? is this right has its a bank holiday?

Thanks Marie.

Hello there. Here's a link to a sticky that should answer all your questions. Some people can't even have the day off, so it could be worse.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?301068-Bank-Holidays-Do-I-Have-to-Work

My best, HB

Edited by honeybee13
Forgot the link. One day I'll get the hang of this.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi MrsB.

The sticky should indeed answer your questions but essentially the employer is correct. It is all well and good for the Government to declare a Bank Holiday but these have no special status in law and there is no automatic right to time off, extra pay where you do have to work etc

The one exception may be where a Contract states that you do not work on Bank Holidays and is not specific about whether this is ALL BHs or NORMAL BHs.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

It depends on the wording in contract of employment for bank holidays.

If your contract says you get 20 days holiday and 8 days bank holiday, you won't get paid because it clearly defines bank holidays as 8 days not 9.

If your contract says you get 20 days holiday plus bank holidays, then this quite clearly covers the 29th April for paid leave.