'Goodwill gesture' letters?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been on a mission the last few months to repair my credit file after finding a lot of errors on my report. Some things were simple to fix (incorrect entries etc), but the biggest issue was a £17k default for a London Scottish secured loan that was supposed to be repaid years ago when I split with my ex and we sold our house. LS said the loan wasn’t fully cleared from the sale proceeds and defaulted the £17k outstanding balance, but the solicitors said they paid exactly the amount LS asked for and provided proof of this. LS tried to blame the solicitors, basically accusing them of malpractice, but the solicitors stuck to their guns. Finally, after ten long months and dozens of letters flying back and forth, LS have finally acknowledged that it was their error and have confirmed that they are waiving the outstanding balance. They are in the process of removing the default, so everything on my credit file will be lovely and green!

The only negative information on my file will be a few missed payment markers on a Vodafone mobile phone contract and an Abbey personal loan from five years ago. Finances were a bit tight after splitting from my ex and I got behind in my monthly payments, but the accounts were brought up to date within a few months (they never defaulted), were always kept up to date afterwards, and were settled in full four years ago. Overall the accounts show ‘green’ but obviously the missed payment markers are still there and will remain on my file for another two years (six years from the date the accounts were closed).

I know in the grand scheme of things a few missed payments from years ago probably won’t have much effect on my credit rating, but I’m determined to get a ‘perfect’ file now if I can. So I wondered if anyone has had any success in getting entries removed before the six year limit by asking for a ‘goodwill gesture’ from the company in question? If so, is there a template letter I can use?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HL123,

Whilst I can't make any guarantees on the outcome I'd be happy to take a closer look at the Vodafone side of things here if you'd like to email the details of the airtime account in question across to me by following the details in our pinned thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this to enable me to make sure it reaches us and I'll get back to you as soon as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK