style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum but i have a odd enquiry i am hoping someone can help me with

I live in a council house in leicester i live with my husband and 4 kids ages 19,17,15,9 the youngest (my son) has Autism i have a downstairs toilet fitted in my property that was installed for the elderly lady who lived here before me i have been here 14 years i have just recieved a letter from my council about the kitchen and bathroom refurbishment plan they are currently doing to inform me i am on the list to have either my bathroom or kitchen done this year my questions are.....the downstairs toilet was installed using part of the kitchen space my kitchen right now is approx 12ft by 5ft at the widest part i have to keep my freezer and tumble dryer in my shed because i have no room for them in my kitchen i do have a dish washer which i suppose they would see as not a essential item anyway i am hoping to have the council take the downstairs toilet out thereby extending my kitchen and giving me enough space for a table and chairs my son who has Autism would benefit from us all eating together as he is a very fussy eater i would like to know what your thoughts are on my chances? is there any law i could use? ie a family of 6 should have a kitchen no smaller than etc? any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Guys

Hi meg&mog

The first thing I would do is write to the council asking for confirmation as to which improvement is being carried out at your property and explain the issue with the added downstairs toilet and if possible if a Clerk of Works could visit your property so you can show them this issues before any works start and to speed the process along.

You also say that your son has autism so I would try and speak to the social work/occupational therapist/gp and explain the issues for the removal of the toilet and if they would do a letter as this way it backs up your case for getting the toilet removed.

Hope this helps

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group