twelve year old debt and 11 year old ccj i didnt know about. what can i do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother recieved a phone call from a David Sykes asking for me. She took the number and passed it on. when I got hold of them it turned out to be Global debt collection, chasing a supposedly old debt, one which a ccj was issued for in 2000. I had no idea of this judgement and had left the address in question in 2006.

The debt was for 900 pounnd for a TSB credit card that I have no recollection of. All of the details that they have are correct in terms of address dob etc. It was a time that was incredibly stressful for me as my partner was dying and I was severly depressed and becoming ill myself, indeed a year later I was recieving chemo. I am begining to question whether the debt is one that I owe as I couldnt even remember the address they quoted at me.

i am at a loss and going crazy with worry, I really do not have a clue what to do, I am living on dissability benefits and am alreading repaying a number of debts that i built up when i was employed.

The final amount is likely to be much more than 900, that is without compound interest or Globals fees.

They didnt sound as if they would be helpfull, couldnt supply a signed agreement for me to check signature and kept mentioning courts police and baliffs. Today is the first I have heard of this debt !!

Help please:sad:

Any judgement older than six years cannot be enforced without permission of a court, this is rarely if ever given.

Although they say there's a CCJ it doesn't necessarily mean there is one so send them this; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?428-General-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

thanks guys/gals , little bit calmer now. just all came as shock. been trying to pay my way outa debt and was doing pretty well i thought. dont want to go down the iva or bankrupcy route or pay debt management company, so been negotiating individually. as i say with some sucess. feel my feet have just been kicked from under me.

it was Global that told me a ccj had been issued.

it took them a long time for them to say that they were global and had told them who i was, all i knew was that i was talking to a David Sykes.

Anyone know a good advice service in oxford ?

First dont worry, if they've waited 12 years a few more wont matter will it. dont ring them at all always in letter never acknowledge the debt , I'm sure you get advice from more experienced, if not have a look at other posts on forums great help

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi,

Although a CCJ never actually becomes statute barred, if a period of 6 years has lapsed where no payments or communication has taken place with the claimant. They do have to apply to the courts before instigating further action. That is the law. But don't expect these scumbags to abide by it.

To enforce a claim, they must have a copy of the original CCJ.

If they are not the original claimant, proof that the debt has been assigned lawfully, and also have they applied to the court to have themselves substituted as the claimant.

I would suggest requesting from them using CPR, proof that a CCJ was granted, and proof of there entitlement to demand payment..