Prelim sent on 01/09 , still have not heard from HSBC

natz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I posted my preliminary letter to HSBC via Royal Mail First Class recorded delivery on 01/09 (the same day as Halifax). I have heard from Halifax just a few days after yet there are still no acknowledgement from HSBC. Not even a letter saying that they have received my letter.

Also I am not so sure when the 14 days will end. Is it 14 days from the day I posted the letter (end on 14/09), 14 days from when they received the letter (end on 17/09) or 14 working days from the day they received the letter (end 21/09)?

I apologise for asking a lot ever since I started posting here on the forum, most probably silly questions which probably have been answered somewhere. It is all very new and confusing to me.

Best regards,

Natz

I'm in a similar situation, posted on 31/8 to HSBC Head of Customer Relations at Canary Wharf HQ and have heard zero from them so my 14 days is almost up. Just deciding at the moment when and what action to take next... Let me know what you decide and how you get on!

Hi i posted the prem letter on the 19th aug. i didnt hear anything so i sent my LBA letter last week. I still have not heard anything! I taking my 14 days from the day the post office confimed that they delivered the letter, that way it looks better for me if i have to go to court it shows that i have been reasonable.

HSBC- owed £873.04

First letter - 19/08/2006-no response

LBA - 07/09/2006

Rec Del- 08/09/2006

14 day deadline(22/09/2006)

FULL OFFER -16/09/2006

its 14 consecutive days from when they receive your letter, don't worry that you haven't heard from them, I haven't either (they must be inundated) and I'm due to proceed to MCOL next week. Keep going, they'll get the message that your not going to give up eventually!!

Hello everyone,

Many thanks for your replies. I will be sending the LBA letter to HSBC on monday as it will be the end of the 14 days. I tracked the letter via Royal main tracking and it was sent to HSBC on 04/09 so they would have received it the same day as Halifax does.

Hmmm... should I send the LBA to Halifax as well?? Halifax did called me on 06/09 and verbally agreed to pay up after I sign a few documents which they will send to me before the 14 days, I have not heard from them eversince. Again 14 days ends on monday as well, still no sign of documents. How do I rephrase the LBA then since Halifax did call me in respond to my letter.

Best regards,

Natz