I'm threatened by the dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need help! My family member in foreign country asked me to put down deposit for this used car and then it has been 3 weeks and in the end he decided not to buy the car because old car cannot be imported into the country. Therefore, we let the dealer take deposit of 1500 pounds but I got an email from the dealer that he will take me to the court and sue me for him losing his profit to sell the car to someone else. The email implied if I dont buy this car he will get the lawyer to sort me out in the court.

I have never got a receipt for the deposit payment and even order form or any form to sign at all. Will he actually be able to use this against me in the court?

The car was to purchased in the UK and the dealer is claiming 10 percent of the selling price to be paid for his lost otherwise he will take me to the count. No contract was signed though

I paid him on the phone and he did not even sent me a receipt for a deposit and I have never sign any document from him either. I let him take the deposit because thats what most companies do. As soon as I told him that we wont be able to purchase the car anymore he was saying that I was wasting his time and he could not sell it to other people so he requires me to either buy it or pay him 10% of the car price or else he will take me to the court. I'm not sure but I think what he is claiming is invalid?

I would think (and I am sure if I am wrong someone will correct me) that without anything in writing regarding the terms and conditions relating to the payment of a deposit that the dealer will have difficulty in making such a claim. In fact I think you should be asking the dealer for a refund of your deposit given the lack of any written T's and C's. Did you pay the deposit by credit card? If you did you could take up the matter with the credit card company and ask them to get the money refunded.