Dial a Phone Upgrade on o2 recall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAGgers

I recently upgraded my contract on o2 with Dial a Phone to a 24 Month Blackberry package. Now o2 state i was due an upgrade on their online system so i went looking for the best deal which i found on dial-a-phones website

I did the upgrade and received the phone with all the new contract details and cash-back stuff but then i got an email stating that the upgrade had not gone through and are asking me to send the phone back.

Are they allowed to do this, and if i don't send the phone back what would the consequence be?

Any help would be super :)

Consumer Activist N00b

Reclaimed £75 unfair bank charges from RBS 11/01/09

Do you mean that you've upgraded twice?

If so, then I'd assume that Dial-a-Phone dispatched the second phone before being informed by o2 that the upgrade could go through due to the initial one.

However, it's odd that o2 confirmed that were due an upgrade if you had upgraded already.

It's a tricky one indeed. Dial-a-Phone will probably agrue that the dispatched the goods in good faith and following information from o2 confirming that the deal couldn't be completed, and as suh they won't get any commission that want the phone back.

I'd initially discuss this with o2 to see what your account notes state and take it from there.