Samsung Recovery Tool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That would be good for me dx. It's only eleven months old, so I suppose if it was going to happen, then now is the ideal time.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does sound like the hd is screwed, it is surprsing how many new drives die, I had an external Seagate one that died after a few months, unfortunately id ripped out the innards as I wanted to use it as an internal one and therefore was no garauantee, I know Seagate did go through a period ofd producing faulty drives (they did at one point pay for data recover costsing £700 on some drives), so i try to avoid Seagate but as they now own Maxtor too its quite hard.

Also worth noting I had a new laptop that appeared to have serious hd problems, luckily it came with XP and i was going to put 7 on it anyway, so after lots of disk checking and formatting its now ok.

Andy

I didn't get a chance to back up my files. I feel they should compensate me somehow for that. Not holding my breath though.:|

I wanted to use the system image disks with Win7 on to put on my sons laptop (has Vista at the moment), but they don't work. The image disks must be specific for the laptop model I have.

I didn't get a chance to back up my files. I feel they should compensate me somehow for that. Not holding my breath though.:|

I wanted to use the system image disks with Win7 on to put on my sons laptop (has Vista at the moment), but they don't work. The image disks must be specific for the laptop model I have.

I always try and make a backup as soon as possible and store it somewhere safe, in case (and it has happened quite a few times) something goes wrong, trying to get compensation for lost work, etc is nearly impossible for the home user, if you were a business you may have more luck, heres a story about Seagates dodgy hard drives where they paid for data recovery (which can be stupidly expensive)..http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9126360/Update_Seagate_offers_free_data_recovery_for_faulty_drives_new_firmware.

What type of image discs are they ?. Generally images contain all drivers relevant to the pc they were for and will only work on the same or similar model (normally with the same chipset), Acronis True Image offers a extra plug in called universal restore which allows images to be installed on disimilar hardware, its a bit of a pain to use, it opererates similar to pressing F6 when you install XP and allows extra drivers to be added, even if you did install it on another PC you would no doubt run into licencing problems.

I've just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on my main PC and boy it did not like that, luckily its all rolled back now...maybe it doesnt like my dodgy cracked version.whoops..did I say that !

Andy

WOW!!!! Lappy only got took away late on Friday afternoon. Got it back this morning. New HDD fitted and the latest BIOS software.

Up and running again.:-D

• 8 months later...

WHAT problem have you got?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well i came back from work today and my laptop was being really slow and crashing so i switched it of by holding button down and then when i restarted it it was saying i had to repair somethink so i pressed that and it coems as black screen for like a minute then a blue screen and does nothink, ive pressed f4 and done the samsung revovery sulution 4 but it sees please wait and never does anythink"/ so the same as the other lad really

sounds like you have a HDD error

you'll need to run chkdsk from the F8 menu under safemode cmd prompt.

else go see a pc guru.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it is the same problem as I had, then the F8 cmd prompt will not work. But as DX says, try that first. chk dsk can solve most HDD problems. If that doen't work then you can try and get copies of the recovery disk from the people that you bought the laptop from. That still didn't work for me. After speaking to a tech guy from Samsung themselves (number below), we went through the BIOS system and numerous other checks over the telephone, and he then realised that it wasn't even picking up a HDD. It was basically saying that it was none existent. If you can get into the BIOS (continually press F2 on start up I think), make sure that the main operating system is the one that is first in the list, and it is that one that the laptop is trying to start up from.