Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havoing had refund of interest charges on CC, now want to try and reclaim some bank charges that were acrued due to LTSB off setting the payments towards the CC from an overdrawn current account. If the amounts had not been withdrawn less charges would have been incurred.

I have read somewhere that according to some code - either Bank Lending Code or the new Banking Code of Business, then the account should be credited to a postion it would have been prior to the transaction.

Does anyone know the correct source to quote in my letter to LTSB??? I dont want to let them off the hook.

Cheers Intend

It might be enrichment

When you get somewhere with this aspect I will be watching with interest.

LTSB took money from my son's account then refunded it, meanwhile they imposed charges that wouldn't have been done if they hadn't taken the money.

All demands for them to put the account back into the position it would have been in have gone straight over their heads.

Maybe its the way I said it or who I said it to ... They just couldn't give a

2G - thanks for post. I will keep attacking on this front and let you know how I get on.

I am sure it was one of the site team that pointed towards some code of practice that states the account should be reinstated to how it would have been without the charges but can't remember details. Help please if you do know.

In the mean time will keep reading and attempt to construct letter, again any help greatly appreciated.

Intend

Re Loan Account - just got letter from Moorcrap staing I have defaulted on my agreement to pay £50 per month. Dont have agreement with them - the one with LTSb ended in Feb. The account is in dispute - failed to sent CCA - just reminded them - letters probably crossed. Usual drivel about recommending to client that court action be taken.

How should I respond??

a - letter reminding them account in dispute.

b - ignore

c - pay (HA HA)

d - some other

Intend

ignore the letter, if the
account is in dispute
link3.gif
then there is sod all they can do except bluff and bluster, or if you want write back and demand their complaints procedure for attempting collection of a disputed debt

Just rean this posted by PJH on another thread - might be best option.

Intend

Why bother? It is clear they haven't taken the slightest bit of notice or read any of your letters, let them waste their resources and money flogging a dead horse, ignore them, just report them to the OFT&TS FOS, MP, & the media, why waste your time any further, get on with your life, don't be distracted by such childish name calling.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

Update on loan a/c - re post 114

Sent letter telling M/c to stop collection activity as account in dispute (NO CCA) and asking for a copy of their complaints procedure.

Today - a real personal letter from their compliance dept. Still wrong end of stick - thought my complaint was not getting a CCA!! Did state that the operative who rec'd my account in dispute letter did not pass on to client and that I should be reassured the matter will be addressed as a training issue for the individual concerned. Me thought Toirs had cut funding for pre nursery education.

Anyway account now back on hold - me still making token payments directly to LTSB to wind up M/C and with the nice copy of their complaints procedure to hand might make a complaint to them = on the other hnd a beer awaits.

Intend

They have to have a complaints procedure but in reality it doesn't mean anything.

If it did mean anything they'd comply with the law.

I've taken the same stance as well with my new and improved DCA ( tad tarrrrrr),

they get naff all from me now and naff all in the future.

If any payment are to be made and if such a CCA exists then those payment would be made to ltsb not them as I have no contract with a DCA regardless of contract exists between them and LTSB.

Cheers Rhino agree - will continue to pay LTSB direct - not trying to avoid just pay what is reasonable.

Update on CC - happy with refund but still charging interest and late fee on the terminated account. Another letter sent off requesting refund of latest fee and interest and telling them I will pay a nominal amount and to stop charging interest on the bloody account.

So wound up just written letter to LTSB complaints in Birmingham asking for refund to current account of any OD fees and interest charges incurred when they off set payments from CC to current account. No idea of what to expect but quoted the BCOB sourcebook which states the account should be restored to the state it would have been had the unauthorised payments not been made. Never seen this quoted before on the site, so will keep you all informed.

Now for PPI reclaim - need some inspiration and energy at moment as been ill for weeks. But the fight must go on.

Cheers Intend

Depends on whether they have actually "bought" the debt and ALL of the rights to it under the Law of property act..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Hi All - quick update - Re the loan just had letter from Moorcrap the I am to be reassured the account will remain on hold whilst we obtain he information requested.

So account remains in dispute. Just waiting for a new DCA to crawl out on the woodwork after Moorcrap pass it back to LTSB.

till then still using site an learning everday.

Intend

• 5 weeks later...

Update on Loan - today rec'd letter from Moorcr@p with copy of account statements from LTSB. Will scan in letter for advice - basically says LTSB can't find agreement and rest, I think is a begging letter

Advice requested on what to do - currently paying £20 per month, but even this is tough.

The statements should a running balance of £0.00 (zero) with two transactions taking it to zero at the time it was refered to Moorcr@p with the comment Writ-off:w..

rest is not shown.

Does anybody know the significance of this??

Beleiveve loan had PPI on it - not sure to reclaim or lett sleeping dogs lie until or if CCA located.

More confused now.

Intend

Why are you still paying them if they haven't sent you your CCA?

Send them the failed letter and stop all payments.

"GOODWILL" Are you winding me up?? :rant:

This won't go to court, it never will, you can safely STOP PAYING there is no agreement=No payment=No court=No debt.

It doesn't matter what they try to say in their ridiculous letters, they cannot prove you owe anyone anything, therefore you are wasting your money, so if you don't stop paying them IMMEDIATELY!!! I will track you down and slap you....:fish:

Now relax and ignore them.:thumb:

• 1 month later...

Latest begging letter arrived - basically "we have had no contact with you since last letter"please contact us to confirm receipt and with "details of how I wish to proceed with this account in order for us to assist you further" HA HA. then "ples be reassured that your account remains on hold to allow you the opportunity to respond to this letter and our request"

Me thinks I should ignore but on second thoughts I could IGNORE.

Any advice greatly recieved

Intend

I dont see there is any need to respond. If the account is on hold until such times as they have resolved the dispute you have with the OC.. then why are they even writing to you. Are they bored ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 weeks later...

Update on CC - paying £20 per month (affordable) after they froze all interest and we reached an agreement. Just recieved a Default Notice, obviously as broken original terms, with usual threats if arrears not cleared.

How should I respond?

Intend

Standard default notice as required,

you have payments arranged so no

response needed I think.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: