Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Been off line most of summer - son-in-law diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, which is affecting his job so earnings down and 1 year old grandson in hospital with breathing problems, but no contact re debt. CC sorted for time being £10 per month for next year.

Loan just resurfaced - as Ford predicted Wescots now involved. 3 letters re'd in quick succession - first from LTSB alleged from Rosyth but return address Huddersfield and looks dodgy printing of LTSB letterhead!!

two letters from Wescot - second afinal notice pay now or Door Step Collection Agency!!

Think these are third DCA to try after Moorcrap failed to provide a CCA fter a request and the "Account in Dispute letter sent.

Advice welcome as ever

Intend

Sorry to hear about your family problems I hpoe the liitle one will be fine.

Worry not about Wescots doorstep collectors no authority what so ever if they turn up invite them to leave forthwith.

Annoy them send a CCA request again!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Cheers Brig - little one fine now on medication. Certainly clears mind and makes one assess priorities.

Sound advice as ever - this action or letter pointing out already in dispute and against code of practice to chase when in dispute.

Cheers

Intend

Just refreshed memory on which wonderful DCAs have been empolyed by LTSB to collect this - first Moorcrap, to whom sent CCA and who failed to supply. Followed by Apex - then Credit Security Ltd all seen off with account in dispute letter.

So will in first place will send this off to WetCloths ( sorry Brig to ignore your advice), then if they come back I will then do another CCA request, don't mind splashing out another £1 PO, just to annoy them.

As an aside, CC which was cancelled and with the brighton boys, son in law got a letter from LTSB advising him of a change in the terms and conditions. In bankers we trust - NOT!!

Intend

New development and no idea how best to respond.

Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors, titled Important : An offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt.

"We are instructed by Wetcloths, acting for LTSB. As a final attempt to avoid further action, Wetcloth is prepared to offer you a discount to settle your account. This is only available for a limited period"

Asks to ring to agree (no chance) if don't further action WILL continue to recover full balance, goes on to say can still offer realistic repayment plan. Gives 10 days or more action.

Does suggest I can pay by credit card ( think this is against some guidelines Lending Code??)

My thoughts - if offer discount then no paperwork - did CCA Moorcrap who failed to supply so account in dispute and seen off other DCA when informed of this.

Wetcloths first to involve solicitors.

Are they rent a mob? Should I send another letter stating account in dispute??

Any advice gladly welcomed

Intend

Hi Intend, Schemeing bunch,

To Nelson Guest

Ref: as on their letter.

Sirs,

I am in receipt of your most generous offfer of a discount on the alleged debt for £xxxxx , as you are well aware, presuming your ''client'' has informed you that this matter is in dispute as your client is in default of a lawful request made under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to produce a fully compliant copy of the regualted agreement pertaining to this account I am sure you are aware of the limitations this places on their actions.

I also notice that correspondence suggests that ''payments'' can be made by credit card encouraging alleged debtors to borrow further to meet the alleged debt, I sure you are aware of the OFTs take on this matter.

I cannot therefore acceed to your request to phone you or to agree to make any payment reagarding any alleged debt, for which I make now acknowledgment of liability.

RD intend let me know what happens.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

New development and no idea how best to respond.

Letter from Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors, titled Important : An offer to reduce the amount payable on your debt.

"We are instructed by Wetcloths, acting for LTSB. As a final attempt to avoid further action, Wetcloth is prepared to offer you a discount to settle your account. This is only available for a limited period"

Asks to ring to agree (no chance) if don't further action WILL continue to recover full balance, goes on to say can still offer realistic repayment plan. Gives 10 days or more action.

Does suggest I can pay by credit card ( think this is against some guidelines Lending Code??)

My thoughts - if offer discount then no paperwork - did CCA Moorcrap who failed to supply so account in dispute and seen off other DCA when informed of this.

Wetcloths first to involve solicitors.

Are they rent a mob? Should I send another letter stating account in dispute??

Any advice gladly welcomed

Intend

looks like an auto generated threatogram with the usual 'discount' with just a different letter heading using sols to look more threatening, ie not a letter before claim. as they are just 'acting' on behalf of loyds?, unlikely that they wets will take legal action. any legal action would be up to loyds, and loyds tend to use their own sols if still owner.

when you say 'more action', what do they say there?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Ford - thanks for input, but now slightly confused - further action "further recovery action will be taken" - not very specific. States

"Nelson Guest instructed by Wescot acting on behalf of LTSB. As a final attempt to avoid further action, Wescot is prepared to offer you a discount to settle your account"

Agree looks like usual threat-o-gram. Have typed up Brigs letter ready to go.

tempted to send but again seeking advice - send or ignore??/

Cheers Intend

Nelson Guest are a rent a solicitor.. any letter you send to them will be passed directly to Wescloth and if you were to telephone them, you will discover that you are speaking to someone at... Westcloth.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Intend, have a read of this thread.. in particular the following posts..

320 - 322 - 327 - 336 - 343 - 347 !!

BCOBS

tempted to send but again seeking advice - send or ignore??/

Cheers Intend

either. why not send, up to you, they are on notice re the dispute/cca. and are only acting on behalf. generally - one dispute letter should be enough, they are supposed to address/investigate once advised, let them come back on it specifically, and then you respond if required, anything else ignore, unless want to enquire (in writing without prejudice?) re a discount, or is an actual letter before claim.

Edited by Ford
  • Confused 1

IMO

I wouldn't use 'without prejudice' on any correspondence, smacks of incompetence and having something to hide IMO, hence why DCA's and the corrupt financial industry like to use it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bumping for CitizenB re post 259 - I cannot see link to the thread.

Ford - have sent letter by RD today. Discount of no interest unless about 90%. Unless some development will ignore future letters

can't see a link either

you said that you were 'tempted' to send letter, hence 'why not'. won't do any harm. they'll prob bog off just now.

Edited by Ford

IMO