Moorcroft chasing Lloyds loan now sold to 1st credit

intend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers CB - sound advice as always.

No DD or SO on the account - cancelled last year thanks to this site - just walk into a LTSB and paid loan, cc and od by cash. No gripe against branch staff - like to think the more will all do this the more real jobs will exist - think they are just as much victims as we are - all power lies with the faceless people.

BB - cheers - keep the pressure on them

Intend

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today phone call from LTSB - not in - ringing back tonight - just checked latest credit card statement online. They have added late payment charge as only paid £20 not £80 requested. Plus still charging interest. all this on an account they terminated in May 2009, with a letter from them Jan 2011 stating no interest is being charged on the debt owing.

They have had my letter requesting reund of all interest charged for 10 days. Time for next action??

Any advice welcome as always.

Cheers Intend.

As suspected phone call was about overdue payment - know should not speak on phone - but on safe ground - lady very confused when pointed out agreement was cancelled - then queried why no payment plan in place - stated had sent letters but no reply, suggested she check these then nicely stated she could not check these as she was in India, then asked for copies to be sent - I politely declined the offer stating its was LTSBs problem to chase correspondance sent to them not mind. Then stated I could send duplicate letters but this would include an admin fee - she declined and said "Goodnight"

Oh what fun when you are in control.

Intend:-D

more phone calls today - probably from the "Happy Hove" mob as had nice brief letter refusing F+F offer from "Collections Post Team" who are about to past it to the "Consumer Debt Recovery Team" And I thought the transfer window was shut. Will write back stating as refuse my reasonable F+F then they will accepy my offer of £10 per month. No mention of this in the reply.

No letter re the refund - no suprise there - will include copy in letter to Hove.

Still no action on the loan.

Will keep you posted

Intend

No no no!

You have this completely wrong, regarding their no acceptance of your F&F, you should start at the token payment of £1 a month, OR alternatively offer them the £10 a month, when they refuse, drop it by £1 every time until they either get the gist of what you are doing, or they accept.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

More phone calls but not in.

BB - agree agree agree - will write saying dissappointed not accepting my generous F+F offer, therefore assume they are accepting my generous offer of £10 per month, then as you suggest keep reducing it if they continue to refuse.

Will need help writing a letter re refund - need to take further action threatening legal action to get refund on CC interest charged after account terminated.

Intend

as well as phone calls (unanswered) letter yesterday from collections stating account in arrears by £X. How shouls I respond, if at all.

If account terminated can't be in arrears. Should I write back and tell them or ighore

Cheers Intend

I wouldn't respond at all, and as for their phone calls, answer the damn thing and ensuiring it is them, give them both barrels down the line, not allowing them a word in, and use the foulest language you can think of, after all, it's YOU phone which YOUR paying for, if they don't like the language then they should foxtrot oscar then|"

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cheers BB. getting lots of phone calls, not picking up, no message left. Let them waste time I say. Just sent letter stating offer of £10 per month as refused my generous offer of F+F.

No reply re claim to refund interest - now think need letter before action to relclaim - any help on this gratefully rec'd. Think only way to speed is to threaten legal action.

Cheers Intend

Legal action is a no go, the longer they faff about threatening fire & brimstone the better your position, if they were going to do anything, then they wounded have done so within the first 12 months of you owing them money, all you are getting now is some foolish spotty teenagers letters simply demanding that you pay now or die a long slow painful death, Just ignore the fools.

Phone calls however, I actively encourage answering it and telling them where to get off! It is your own personal line, you pay for it, you can say whatever you like on it, if they don't like it , they don't ring!

Sorry BB, are you suggesting I don't threaten legal action for refund of interest charged to CC since account terminated??

Re telephone calls - no fears speaking to them - at moment only ring during day, having been told to ring after 6. Always wait til message kicks in then hang up. Today wife answered and they just put phone down. Time for harrassment letter - have been told in past - "writing only" - who should I complain to ( outside body not LTSB)

Notice new CEO on a nice wedge - including a big fat signing on fee - can't remember agreeing to that!!

Intend

Yes, threatening them with legal action and then not carrying it out will only pull you down to their level, best to demand the repayment of fees/interest first, then enter into their own complaints procedure before escalating it to the FOS.

Alternatively submit your disapproval that they have continued to add fees/interest in writing, and simply pay what you owe, less for the charges/fees/interest.

Ref their harassment complain to the following,

OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us/

Keep a diary of events also, with a view to reporting them to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Cheers BB - still no response re claim to refund charges on CCafter account terminated. Will enter into their complaints system and wait for response to my offer of £10 a month.

On loan - rec'd reply to complaint - apology and promise of a cheque for small sum which happy with. Said I should have been properly informed of Moorcrap handling loan and should now deal with them. Have put account in dispute with Moorcrap and all gone quiet - apart from phone calls I dont answer - could be over loan or cridit card

Not sure what to do re loan - I know in dispute but should I pay a nominal anmount incase goes to court??

Intend

Account s

It depends on whether they have provided the correct docs and you are happy that they are all present & correct, it will not hurt paying a reasonable comfortable amount per month toward the loan.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on loan - cheque arrived and cashed. After much thinking decided to pay small, affordable amount towards loan - paid again directly to LTSB not Moorcrap, despite letter from LTSB saying I should deal with MC direct.

Heard nothing from MC since sent letter in dispute letter following non arrival of CCA.

Good for you, as long as it is on your terms and at a rate that is comfortable and affordable to you, then there is very very little they can do.

BB - sound advice as always. Now need energy to comlplain to relevant bodies. Realise in short term little might happen but we all need to carry on the fight otherwise there will be no improvement.

Rhino - cheers for post.

Intend

Re Post 66. Just had a look over bank statements - appears LTSB took out over £1000 from his current account to settle his CC after they terminated the account resulting more overdraft fees and charges.

My question is this - If the account is terminted can they legally take the money from his current account without agreement??

Would like some advice please, this is out of my knowledge. Instinct says they should not be alloewd and I'm inclined to complain and seek a refunf of the charges incurred as a result.

My start a new thread in the LTSB bank section to keep this action separte from other issues.

Cheers in advance of dvice to come

Intend

Just noticed this

LTSB forced you to take further credit to pay the debt - this might be cause for a complaint

Furthermore they used the offset to transfer the debt from a potentially unenforceable one to an enforceable one - very slippery

If there were unlawful charges they may have taken money that they weren't entitled to ...

• Confused 1

Thanks 2Grumpy - forgot about this issue - will write and complain and see what happens.

Just had letter from Customer relations - with nice refund of charges and interest. Result :-D:-o. All of what was requested!!:jaw:

However given me 2 options for balance - now just over 2K - pay between 0.6% and 2% and they will reduce interest to 5.99%pa or refer account to CDR - interest free and reg with CDR. Fear CDR rating already trashed - so not worried.

Does state "Please note interest and fees will be applied to your account at the contractual rate until a repayment plan is set up on your account.

Question - if account terminated - then surely contract exists - so no interest or monthly repayments?

Still confused but in much better situation. AS BB advises - you must complain and complain - you might just get back whats yours.

Cheers - a happy intend.

Decided to write back to clarify - most recent letter states the credit card is open (not sure what this means) and interest and fees will be pplied, but letter in response to CCA requests clearly states agreement ended in 2009 and as agrement has eneded there is no credit limit in place and no interest is being charged.

Intend

Are you still able to use your card?

In fact they must have terminated the agreement in order for them to employ a DCA, did you ever receive a default notice (DN)? And then a termination notice?

I think they are talking bowlarks myself, if they have terminated the agreement, then as no contract exists, they will find that they cannot add any interest to the account, UNLESS they put it before a Judge and seek a judgement against you, whereby the Judge "Might" award them costs/interest at the going rate which is normally 8%...

Don't have card, as for DN can't recall but according to LTSB one was issued on April 2009 and agreement ended 20/05/2009.

Will write to effect they cannot add interest as no agreement in place and offer repayments at £10, reducing when they refuse.

Cheers BB, just clicked on your star, but need to share around. Your advice has always turned up trumps. See you are always busy on the site. Keep up the good work. I am sure all appreciate your efforts.

Intend

Poor old Moorcr@p must be lonely! You can always give em my number to ring, I'll gladly talk to them, bet they cry before me though...:phone::Cry: