Quick quid refuse payment **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has used there people and and off for 2years. Got paid early this month and when payment was due friday. No money in account. I cancelled the dd on thursday and called on friday to pay off my debit card. They point blank refused saying the contractual way to pay was by dd. And even though i wanted to pay they could only take a card if i called back next week. Though there would be a default charge of 12quid. What you all think. Can they refuse?

reclaim the unlawfull fees if already levied and pay by internet bank transfer

a/c & sort are on their paperwork or website

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The fees can only be deemed unlawful if you hadn't agreed to them as part of the T&Cs of opening an account with them. As for their methods of taking payment. Yes, they can stipulate they only take payments by DD - in which case any second arrempt will carry the pre-advised fee.

Edited by buzby

unlawful fees are a 'penalty charge'

no penalty charge can be covered by a general T&C sent to every customer,

they must be negotiated ans agreed on an individual basis.

which is why on loans and CC's or anything other than a bank accounts, they can be reclaimed.

and with int at their rate.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh please! YOU are the only person trotting out 'unlawful fees' and 'penalty charges' - so not only are you creating a false scenario, you're attempting to mislead the OP who mentions neither!

If a borrower misses a payment that has been contractually agreed, then a default charge will be applied that month. Virgin Media do it for all late payers, as well as countless other firms. It is neither unlawful or a penalty. I agree it sucks, but that's all.

As long as the T&Cs clearly outline what a customer will be required to pay should they not comply with the stated terms, then the fees are not misleading and both OFCOM and the courts have agreed there is nothing illegal about them.

Loan arrangements are not immune as you appear to believe, only that the consumer must have been aware of them - and from the OPs description, he was. Fool yourself if you must, but don't mislead others.

exactly

no go get 'em for the others!

dx

and they