Advent Computer Training (Barclays Partner Finance)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry to cover old ground and sorry I cant remember who it was but can the dude who managed to get a note put on their credit report explaining the BPF situation remind me how they went about it please.

I have reached that stage now as am two months out of date on my payments (BPF are now about 12months out of date on their repayments in my opinion) and am just keen to make sure I dont get too screwed by this whole thing1!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

newcomers can contact myself or bluedo directly for details of how to join the case and get a link to the advice/bulletin website i've set up for the advent and access students.

Send me your email address (include your full name so you can be added to the list) and i'll reply directly, which will comply with forum rules i believe.

sorry new to this! How do i send you my details so i can be added to any list to stop barclays in their tracks over the advent rip off business?

For people who are wondering why this show is taking so long,i think they [bPF] have been a bit busy.

Just to remind every one what we are dealing with here.

Today the Barclay's circus complete with its very own clowns received the golden gong award.....

One quote that seems to be in keeping with Barclays.

"The regulator also said Barclay's was aware of the potential mis-selling as early as June 2008, but failed to take "appropriate and timely action".

:lol::lol::violin:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011/jan/18/barclays-fined-investment-advice-failures

Edited by lowdown

Hi Fuzzbutt and all. Hope all is well and everyone is coping.

I havent posted on here in ages as I had a few other life calamities to add to the stress over the past few months. Just thought I'd post a wee note to say that, I have still had no response from Barclay's since I was told that the section 75 team were looking at my letter. I am going to assume that the wording of my letter worked a treat and made them poop slightly as not only have I not had a response from Barclays Partner Finance, but I have not had any communication from any of their supposedly outsourced debt collection firms since I told the guy from some Glasgow based firm the whole story and that my account was in dispute (the company name evaids me at present) who ran away from my door with his tail between his legs in August.

Barclays received my letter on the 27/7/10 and having had no response I phoned and spoke to a guy in cardiff called Carl who was very apologetic and agreed that what was happening wasn't right(he must have been new). He told me that they had received my letter, that a team had been set up to deal with section 75s as he called us and that I would have a response within a couple of weeks. To date since the 27/710 I have had absolutely no communications. no phonecalls, no emails and no mail from Barclays or any of their subsiduaries.

Are they hiding from me now? What are your thoughts on his Fuzz, do you reckon I should reword my letter slightly informing them of this?

Did anyone else see the breaking news thing on the BBC this afternoon saying Barclays have just been fined a mahoosive lump of money for mis-selling. I didn't catch the full artical but do you think this news will add some weight to our case, prooving yet again how corrupt and moral free Barclays are?

G

Hi all. I am in the same situation as most of you on here... Advent sold my boyfriend a course, i guaranted the loan for £5000 - but my boyfriend paid it back monthly direct from his account. 8 weeks later Advent went bust. Barclays were then on a rampage for their money, i refused point blank as my boyfriend did not chose Computeach (he chose Advent). Ended up writing about 5 letters to Barclays with no satsifactory outcome. Wrote to FOS and they wouldnt help me because i wasnt the student. So i was basically lumbered with a £5000 loan for a course that wasnt even for me!!! I was also pregnant and didnt need the stress. This is going to sound extreme, but i got married (changed name), moved house, cancelled all my credit cards, and changed my mobile phone number... so far ive not heard back from Barclays!! Ive heard that no response/contact from loan holders is wiped after a certain number of years?? Anyone know if this is true? If so ill come out of hiding once that period is up.. :o(

Edited by ASBO_ALI

Sorry to cover old ground and sorry I cant remember who it was but can the dude who managed to get a note put on their credit report explaining the BPF situation remind me how they went about it please.

I have reached that stage now as am two months out of date on my payments (BPF are now about 12months out of date on their repayments in my opinion) and am just keen to make sure I dont get too screwed by this whole thing1!

That was probably me.

I have an experian account (for other reasons) and I used it to apply a note of correction on the section of the Clydesdale bank (now part of barclays partner finance).

you cant mention any company names but the fact its there added to that particular bank loan should tell anyone in the know who is to blame.

I had a perfect credit rating companies sent me loads of loan applications because of it.

And as I pointed out to BPF I am unemployed and was at the time advent conned me into signing up on their course, they knew it, but said "dont worry our onsite job department will have you in work within 3 months so you can pay for the loan that way"... bpfs answer.. I am the one who should have made sure I had the means to pay back the loan.

if I apply for a credit card first question would be am I employed? next one would be what are your monthly income and outgoings? and I would put good money on the answer being "sorry card application declined" due to low available income and being unemployed... no such checks were made with me.

And get this I applied for a barclay card around march 2009 when I was working.. and they refused me :madgrin: I will have to look see if I can find this letter would be ace to wave at BPF since barclay card is their parent company.

those guys at advent screwed us all!!!

has anyone else had a bew letter from barclays saying they are handing your account on to debt collectors, I have had a call from Allied International debt collectors and they were quite abrupt, has anyone else had either of these in the last couple of days?

Thanks boosh

we had letters phrased the same long time back when they threatened us with mercers.. if they wanted to take us all to court they would have done it months ago.. they do not want this near a court.. judges will not be happy and the press will get wind of it.

I put all my letters in a box in case I need to send copies to anyone

has anyone else had a bew letter from barclays saying they are handing your account on to debt collectors, I have had a call from Allied International debt collectors and they were quite abrupt, has anyone else had either of these in the last couple of days?

Thanks boosh

Hey Boosh, yh Iv been targeted by them too, first time which was just over a week ago and they had me in tears cus they must have got the investigation team on me as I cancelled the old phone number barclays would have had and also could see that I had moved. The lady i spoke to was very un-empathetic and was offensive and rude to me saying things like "do you not read stuff before you sign it?" I explained that Deborah from Advent was so convincing and eager to get this form back that I honestly believed her and trusted I was being told the truth that I was just a mere sponsor and wouldnt need to pay a penny but just hand it over to my ex-partner who was going to do the course but decided not to.

They have rang my parents home phone too but we have both witnessed that they wont ring for long before hanging up leaving a robotic sounding voicemail asking to call them back! I hung up during the last convo as she was threatening to not continue talking to me if I didnt tell her what car I drive...Im sorry I have rang you back cus you said you will help and you're giving me pure abuse...hung up! So no i will not be ringing them back to waste my minutes and credit on them!

If they ring I will try and answer not confirm anything but that Im taking action against this. I dont know if there is anymore we can do and whether like others have pointed out it is another scare tactic as Barclays know they are in the wrong.

Barclays have this new bike hire scheme in London and are making a bundle out of it so they aren't short of a few bob if you ask me...my parents are so disappointed and unhappy with Barclays they are seriously considering taking their savings and pension ect elsewhere. How can they trust a bank who give out loans so freely without checking peoples circumstances and are linked to companies such as Advent who are mis-selling and unreliable providers???!!

All the best, will keep in touch if anymore unvails with allied and how they are treating things....

Hey Boosh, yh Iv been targeted by them too, first time which was just over a week ago and they had me in tears cus they must have got the investigation team on me as I cancelled the old phone number barclays would have had and also could see that I had moved. The lady i spoke to was very un-empathetic and was offensive and rude to me saying things like "do you not read stuff before you sign it?" I explained that Deborah from Advent was so convincing and eager to get this form back that I honestly believed her and trusted I was being told the truth that I was just a mere sponsor and wouldnt need to pay a penny but just hand it over to my ex-partner who was going to do the course but decided not to.

They have rang my parents home phone too but we have both witnessed that they wont ring for long before hanging up leaving a robotic sounding voicemail asking to call them back! I hung up during the last convo as she was threatening to not continue talking to me if I didnt tell her what car I drive...Im sorry I have rang you back cus you said you will help and you're giving me pure abuse...hung up! So no i will not be ringing them back to waste my minutes and credit on them!

If they ring I will try and answer not confirm anything but that Im taking action against this. I dont know if there is anymore we can do and whether like others have pointed out it is another scare tactic as Barclays know they are in the wrong.

Barclays have this new bike hire scheme in London and are making a bundle out of it so they aren't short of a few bob if you ask me...my parents are so disappointed and unhappy with Barclays they are seriously considering taking their savings and pension ect elsewhere. How can they trust a bank who give out loans so freely without checking peoples circumstances and are linked to companies such as Advent who are mis-selling and unreliable providers???!!

All the best, will keep in touch if anymore unvails with allied and how they are treating things....

are you saying that even though you changed your phone number.. they managed to trace your new number to harrass you on it??

Yeah I had the same phone call and when I answered it was an automated voice saying to call this number and a ref number, I didnt know who they were so I called, the lady I spoke to was rude and I asked who they were and all she said was AIC, working on behalf of Barclays, so I asked again "who are you" she said I just told you who we are now confirm your details, to which I replied not until you tell me who you are and what you do. She wouldnt and told me to call barclays which i'm not going to waste my money, but I have received a letter from Barclays saying they have handed my debt to Allied, but the calls have stopped already, so not sure what they are up to now

Boosh

Yes they did, I gave the lady my parents address which was my original residence when I signed the form but as most ppl I knew i was going to be moving from Bristol to London to become a student! but this is where advent told me not to worry cus it can be handed over to my ex who by then should've completed his course and they will be helping him find employment so be able to pay for this himself.

I had two phones so cancelled the number they had and now they have found me on my new one and even said we have another address for you, are you sure you live at the address you have given. They gave me my previous London address which I moved from a month ago which I have no idea how they found out! She got feisty with me and told me it was a legal requirement to tell them where I live. She wouldnt answer any of my questions until I gave her all of mine and thats when it all got too much and too far so I just hung up after she told me she was going to quit the call if I refused to tell her what car I own and what assets I have!

I was in tears as theres a lot of emotional stigma attached which I know is personal to me and she just coldly asked "why ru crying?!" which made things even worse. They play games though. One minute she was on my side willing to help but as soon as I started to question and not tell her stuff she became a b*tch. I told her 'you surely should know what car I own if you have all this info on me already so Im not willing to answer anymore questions' end of convo.

I was so upset and scared I even had to cancel work that day cus I was scared they would come and find me...probably sounds stupid but she was very intimidating and unwilling to tell me anything about them so i was fearful of what power they have :-(

Exactly Boosh...bare face rude!! They wouldnt answer my questions either and clearly expect us to ring them back, from now on if they think this is urgent enough they can ring off my phone long enough for me to actually have a chance to answer...are they working on commission or something???

Yes they work off commision, apparently they buy the debt from the bank for fraction of the price and still try to get the full amount from us, hence making their money. Have you joined the Lawyers who are fighting for us? If not then send a private message to fuzzbutt and she will give you all the details you need to join in with the fight, try not to be so scared, we are all in this together and they have got a big fight on their hands

Boosh xx

Thanks Boosh, I sent the forms for Hausfeld this weekend and Fuzzbutt added me to a list a while ago so I am definitely up for the fight and can be pretty stubborn / feisty myself lol, but they caught me off guard completely and I felt incredibly vulnerable being in a flat on my own with no family or friends near by but having someone sounding quite threatening ringing me on a number they shouldnt have!

I just dont know how Barclays can get away with this and if I ever met the woman from Advent who sold me this...there will be words...A LOT of words!!

It's helped so much reading these posts and I really do pray we all get justice out of this! Sign of the times...

Thanks again for the encouragement, much appreciated

Exactly Boosh...bare face rude!! They wouldnt answer my questions either and clearly expect us to ring them back, from now on if they think this is urgent enough they can ring off my phone long enough for me to actually have a chance to answer...are they working on commission or something???

These people [allied] have no powers what so ever, like has been said many times before.

Report them to the fos, the oft and trading standards. Its harassment, and meant to intimidate you.

And also go to the student website and download the template for the 'Deed of Assignment'

Send this off to Allied with a demand for the DOA and a signed copy of the contract/agreement.

They are just bounty hunters working on commission.

When they get no money they will soon clear off and pass it back to BPF.

Then some other chancer will chance their luck.

They can not take your car, enter your house and take goods, or send you birthday cards.

They would have to take you to court, you would be means tested, you would fight your case.

But, and a BIG but they can not take you to court, its not their debt, they have not purchased it,

they would need a DOA for that. Would you pay the milkman if he was asking for money on behalf of Barclays?

Of course not.

Remember the callers are just call center workers, bonus hunters, target achievers, what ever.

Don't be intimidated and ask for the DOA.

Also in the letter, inform them that you will not stand for telephone harassment and any Correspondence will be by letter only.

Fight them back in the right way, without being rude - and please, please don't get upset, they are powerless.

They work on the fear factor. Bonus hunters on the end of a phone are not scary.

Getting shot at in Afghanistan is - just remember that.

This might be of use about DCA's so have a look.

http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/bailiffs-harassment.php

Thanks Boosh, I sent the forms for Hausfeld this weekend and Fuzzbutt added me to a list a while ago so I am definitely up for the fight and can be pretty stubborn / feisty myself lol, but they caught me off guard completely and I felt incredibly vulnerable being in a flat on my own with no family or friends near by but having someone sounding quite threatening ringing me on a number they shouldnt have!

I just dont know how Barclays can get away with this and if I ever met the woman from Advent who sold me this...there will be words...A LOT of words!!

It's helped so much reading these posts and I really do pray we all get justice out of this! Sign of the times...

Thanks again for the encouragement, much appreciated

They cant come and take anything you own.. they do not have the power to do so.. only a court appointed baliff can do this.. so dont worry about this company or any other when they phone you and threaten you with the things you have told us here.

If they keep harrassing you phone consumer direct and tell them whats happening, they will contact your local trading standards.

I have already done this with mercers.. they were the ones who sent me threatening letter giving me 7 days from the date on the letter to repay money.. there was no date on the letter.. when trading standards wrote to them about their actions, mercers did not reply to them.. and they never wrote to me again.

thats when barclays sent the next company onto me.. sanclare.. I ignored them because their boss used to work for barclays.

next was moorcroft, I sent them the proforma letter off the students website asking them for a copy of my credit agreement and deed of assignment, they replied they would apply for it from their clients.. they should never have demanded money from me without these documents.. its a criminal offense.

they have not contacted me since, barclays on the other hand sent me a copy of my credit agreement twice.. unasked for.

So dont worry, keep your chin up we will fight them and win on this, any reasonable judge will be asking questions as to why so many students have a problem with this bank and why they also have a problem with the choice of company barclays have made.. may even ask them for the documents to prove how they made the choice of computeach.. that would be interesting to see..

it was like this my laud.. computeach owed us money and came over and offered us a really good deal.. "wipe off our debts and we will train the ex advent students for peanuts.. will cost you virtually nothing", we all shook hands and went for a pizza, and was really happy because when we told our bosses they gave us a big fat bonus.. :)

The End

Wouldn't be suprised! I have a Barclays goldfish credit card which I got a few years ago as you can collect points for each pound you spend but last year instead of having to spend about £1,700 odd they have raised it to over £3k just to get a £10 voucher in return!! Really is it worth it?? Would rather save the money than try and earn some measly £10 voucher thank you. Money grabbing thats all they are!

Haha love it! I was first approached by mercers who wasnt so cut throat, they rang daily if I didnt answer which was most of the time seeing I was in uni or busy. When they did get through I gave them my story and they even said they would stop the phone calls for 2 or 3 weeks whilst i write to barclays so Im not getting harrassed. I thought it was strange how barclays were threatening to send it to them but then it went back to barclays instead...now Allied who Im not so scared of now thanks to everyones encouragement and wise words! Wonder who will be next? Just tiring and draining emotionally and mentally...think we should all have added compensation for this emotional and metal rollercoaster barclays have set on all of us! I'd be lying if I said it didnt make me feel depressed at times AND unable to go to work due to the harassment and stress its given me!!

Do we know how many people are in on this and being affected by BPF? When the lady on the phone asked me 'do you not read anything u sign?' and explained to me that it is a loan like u would read forms to get out a mortgage I explained to her that credit checks would have been made on myself and my current and future circumstances would have been taken into consideration...clearly Barclays didnt do this and had they done it I would have told them that in 6-8onths time I wouldnt be in full time employment but full time education studying and unsure whether I would even be able to get a part time job which quite frankly helps go towards my living expenses and any extra's that my student loan may not cover. I have always been very good with money and never had a loan in my life! This is the annoying thing now that they have the power to just whack on some arrears and give me a bad credit history when in reality I am very good and dont need financial advice or help. Just as well I dont usually buy things I cant originally pay for in the first place so shouldnt need anymore loans in the recent future anyway.