HSBC Loan PPI mis-sold **WON**

robert_harper_2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Phil Beaumont

---------------------

My Dad is concerned at going furhter as we do all our business banking through HSBC and he didn't want to upset them too much lol.

I don't want to annoy him so I think I might have to accept, still I won!

Help me to help others!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken it to court. HSBC replied with £230 of the £268 claim.... I'm tempted to continue but everyone of my family is saying no no just be grateful for that! well... would this if we continued upset my Dad's account and ruin future chances of getting business loans etc? or is everyone over-reacting??

I would appreciate opinions

many thanks

couldn't have done it without your help, will make donation soon as I receive my money

Help me to help others!

There is no template - yet.

Just write to them explaining that you believe the extra interest they have charged more than covers their costs and that they should be greatfull that you are not claiming that back too.

The probably will close your account though.

That's just the way they are.

However, you should complain to the OFT if they do.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Anything regarding you and your personal account, will not affect your business or fathers account.

If in future it does in anyway, as Dave said.. contact the OFT.

/on a side note, can you charge the bank for time and trouble?

I have actioned court. Bank offered £230 of the £268.73. Here is the reply I'm thinking of sending. Please tell me what you think

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Pretty

Thank you for your letter I received on 22nd April 2006 offering a £230 settlement figure of the £268.73 I’m requesting.

I will accept the £230 however would like to inform you I will be claiming for the remaining £38.73.

These charges are illegal & I am merely asking for what is legally mine. I therefore believe I will win the further legal action.

Help me to help others!

Re: your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I will accept the sum of £xxxx you have offered, but only on the understanding that I will continue a claim for the remaining £38.

In accordance with my previous correspondance, you have until xx/xx to offer full settlement.

Yours faithfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

now amended...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry, but you were correct in your first thought - it is a chareg for a service. Maybe a bit steep, but unfortunately not unlawful.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Hi Robert,

I am about to send my 2nd letter, can you tell me who you addressed yours to please and the address that you sent it to, as I sent my DPA letter to my local branch.

Many Thanks Jodie

juicey, presuming that you mean you have already sent the DPA (as your first letter) then stage 2 for you is Prelim.

FIND IT HERE

If you meant that was your first, then the next is LBA (Letter Before Action) HERE

It seems like you might need to spend a little while longer in FAQs - remember that you are embarking on a legal challenge to a large financial institution - you have to be fully prepared and know all the ins and outs - including the 'next stage' like the back of your hand!!!

Good Luck :)

• 1 year later...

Hello robert harper 2000!

Have U managed to progress this potential HSBC PPI mis-selling Claim??

I appreciate that PPI mis-selling Claims may have been pretty thin on the ground when U 1st Posted this, but this is certainly NOT the case NOW!

Perhaps U may be better to ask a passing MOD to move this Thread into the PPI Forum for more specific advice, if U haven't already resolved this potential Claim?!...;)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Help me to help others!

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Help me to help others!

- Consumer Action Group

Help me to help others!

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

- Consumer Action Group

Help me to help others!

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

- Consumer Action Group

Help me to help others!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks