Urgent help, summons recieved.

justfin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a court summons this morning from Northampton court filed by Geoffrey Leaver Solicitors in respect of open uni course fee's.

Long story short, as with all the other courses i was on, i assumed my grant would just pay / renew and i wouldn't have to pay the fee's.

Anyway after trying to object over and over i agreed to make payment, but only as they intended to take me to court and i hadn't made any leeway with the uni, unfortunately by the time it was resolved i had missed the cut off for financial aid, so have been stuck paying it off when i can, i have paid over £400 over the last 6 months i rang them late October and explained i had been made unemployed but would try and make £40 payments if i could each month, and obv i would contact them when i was back in full time employment.

They said this would be fine, having just got back in to a temp job i was planing to call them up this week and make a payment but this morning received a court summons, no warning, no letter, nothing just a summons.

The fee's and interest have add an extra £130 to the bill and i don't know what to do, i thought it was wrong that i was paying in the first place, but my outstanding balance is back to where it was, and i had no warning, are they legally meant to warn you. I will be grudgingly pay the outstanding balance as i have been doing, but £130?!??! can they jump straight to this?

please advise.

NB I have no remaining documentation in relation to the original grant or the credit agreement, should i put this as a defense whilst i obtain copies, it was all online.

Edited by justfin

Hi Just

Welcome to CAG

The guys will advise as soon as they are available.

When you are available, the original applicaiton for an ou course was online, i don't have any paper copies, what do i need to send, how fast do they have to reply, how much will it cost, what is out there to help me!