Vanquis - What a nightmare outfit - Refused affordable payment - Issued undated Default - Passed to 1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4711 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have to say Vanquis waste no time is passing things over, guys statement arrived today dated 15th Feb, informing him account gone to 1st Crud.

The Crudders letter was dated the next day. Pity their customer service dept doesn't act so fast.

The statement now shows 0% interest and to contact first crud with any queries.

But then asked that payment should reach Vanquis by 12th March and although they rufused his token payment offer, they were happy to credit it to the account.

The default they issed is not showing on his recent credit report (yesterday) just says 4 missed payments

I suggested to him that he write to Vanquis one last time with his offer and tell them he will not deal with 1st Crud. If they want the payment then they must recall the account.

Do you think that is a good idea or not? Or will it just infuriate them even more?

vanquisstatement.jpg

Who cares if it winds them up or not, too right write again with the offer, but, I am guessing that he already has Vantwits account details? If so just pay them the offer direct.

Once these companies begin to realise that third party DCA's are not worth paying to collect alleged debts, then it will hopefully be kept in house, unti that is they want to get their books straight and sell them on, whilst claiming the insurance & tax relief...

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well sent one final letter to them asking to accept token offer, enclosed proof of benefits but nothing else.

Told them the offer is made to Vanquis, no one else, so if they want the money they have to recall the account from 1st Crud.

Times must be hard over at Reigate Towers. Got a text before

"Call 1st Credit on XXXXXX and commit to pay this month to qualify for a 25% discount on your account. The discounted amounts to pay is £XXXX.XX"

offering discounts so soon? Only had one letter from them up to now. Must be desperate for the commission

Whenever they offer discounts it always makes me look much harder at the finer detail of any documents they have sent, after all, why would they offer such a discount if they could recover the full amount?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Whenever they offer discounts it always makes me look much harder at the finer detail of any documents they have sent, after all, why would they offer such a discount if they could recover the full amount?

So do you think a CCA request to 1st crud might be useful?

I didn't advise him to do this as it is a post 2007 agreement, think he said he got the card 2009. Didn't think it what serve any purpose with these X in the box signiture thing.

Also does them few lines on the bottom of the statement say it has been passed to 1st Credit surfice as a notice of assignment?

I agree there seems little point in sending a CCA request as it is post 07, but I can't help but think as pointless as it may seem, it should still be used? Albeit an updated version of the request might be needed?

As for that last para on their missive, then no I certainly would not take that as a NOA, we all know that two letters are received in the same envelope from the same DCA who simply uses the OC's letterhead to inform of their futile interest in the matter.

Well two letter today, one from each of them. Both dated 23rd, must be the fasted TNT post ever, unless they were post dated.

One is another special offer from the Crudders

and the other, don't know what its supposed to be, I asked them to reconsider the payment offer, they are investigating the above, but there is no above or any account number so could be investigation the price of petrol for all I know?

Don't think they have a clue what their doing at Vanquis.

1stcrudspecialoffer.jpg

vanquisoffers.jpg

have been looking on annual credit report website,although my rating is now in shreds,vanquis and and a card named granite have appeared advising of an 80% chance of success.

Matched Credit Cards

Using data from your credit report, we've matched you to 2 credit cards. You have around an 80% chance of success when going for a card matched to your credit report compared to an average of around 30% in normal circumstances.

Card

Offer Type

APR

granite Credit Card

granite Credit Card

Adverse Credit Help

34.9%

Vanquis Visa Credit Card

Vanquis Visa

Adverse Credit Help

39.9%

when there are obvious problems these "rebuild you credit rating" marketed cards have a very high chance going to make things worse and increase peoples debt problems when clearly there is a high risk of default.this is an unacceptable practice given that many are on benefits or other low incomes.

if successful the market that these cards are targeted. this breeches the lending code,the oft guidance on irresponsible lending and the cputr act.

Well nothing back from Vanquis regarding his final attempt to get them to accept what he can afford (he sent proof of benefits letter this time)

But a letter back regarding the over limit and late payment charges.

They have offered a full refund (but no interest)

they quote

"In order to bring this matter to a speedy and amicable resolution, we are prepared to offer £xxx.xx. This sum represents the total amount of charges applied to your account.

Please note the sum offered is in full and final settlement of the matter"

What I would like to ask is,

They have enclosed a sheet requiring him to sign and date then return it to them

it says

"I have read and understood this letter and confirm that I accept your offer of £xxx.xx in full and final settlement of this matter"

Is this normal proceedure?

Was just wondering as you know what these companies are like when trying to get a signiture to use for other purposes.

They will not have a sign on file as it was an X marks the spot internet application. So presumably he could scribble anything on there?

no interest = NOT INTERESTED

pay me the correct figure please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no interest = NOT INTERESTED

pay me the correct figure please

dx

The interest is neither here nor there. Charges only relate to 9 items since Sept 2010. So is only a couple of quid.

He was more worried about signing this acceptance form they have sent in case they do something underhand with the signiture.

Is is common practice to send these acceptance forms out when claiming back charges?

First I have heard of it? However, if he wants to be shot of it, then I figure it won't matter what signature is on there, as you say, they don't have one, and it would be extremely easy to prove if they do actually decide to risk committing fraud and a lengthy jail sentence?

I am sure they haven't a clue what they are doing at Vanquis Towers.

Another letter from them today, exactly the same as the previous one earlier in the week, sign here to accept our charges refund offer, even dated the same day.

Also one from 1st Crud, pay or else it will be attachment of earning, bailiffs and charging orders crap.

They have recommended to their client to proceed with legal action. Aye right, well we will see.

Also one from 1st Crud, pay or else it will be attachment of earning, bailiffs and charging orders crap.

They have recommended to their client to proceed with legal action. Aye right, well we will see.

Really! I would send a copy of that puerile missive to the OFT&TS, when are these immature fools going to realise this is the 21st century and not the 19th! They really do need to employ adults to remake those pathetic letters.

• 4 weeks later...
Well nothing back from Vanquis regarding his final attempt to get them to accept what he can afford (he sent proof of benefits letter this time)

But a letter back regarding the over limit and late payment charges.

They have offered a full refund (but no interest)

they quote

"In order to bring this matter to a speedy and amicable resolution, we are prepared to offer £xxx.xx. This sum represents the total amount of charges applied to your account.

Please note the sum offered is in full and final settlement of the matter"

What I would like to ask is,

They have enclosed a sheet requiring him to sign and date then return it to them

it says

"I have read and understood this letter and confirm that I accept your offer of £xxx.xx in full and final settlement of this matter"

Is this normal proceedure?

Was just wondering as you know what these companies are like when trying to get a signiture to use for other purposes.

They will not have a sign on file as it was an X marks the spot internet application. So presumably he could scribble anything on there?

How long does it normally take for a creditor to refund penalty charges?

The acceptance for was sent back over 3 weeks ago, but heard nothing and nothing showing when the guys statement turned up today

I notice Vanquis keep referring to the 'agreement'.

From what I can gather, isn't an agreement different from a 'contract'?

A contract, signed by both parties is enforceable (maybe!), but is an agreement?

Also, they talk about Acts of Parliament.

It seems our laws here in UK are based on Maritime or Admiralty Law....the Law of the Sea....not Common Law, which is the Law of the Land.

So, are these Acts of Parliament really Legal?

Also, if a contract (signed by both parties) is enforecable--and an agreement is not, why is there no mention of the distinction in the Terms and Conditions? Lol! We know why!

They may say their Terms and Conditions are legal---but they are not lawful.

As they don't give the borrower any info regarding the distinction between a Contract and an Agreement, then that means they are witholding vital information and therefore the borrower cannot make an informed choice.

Just a few thoughts.

• 2 months later...
Well this is what they sent in the same envelope

Apart from no issue date and the amount discrepancies, I can't find anything in those info docs that are not right, but I am no expert on default validity. Any keen eyed CAGer spot anything else?

Noticeofdefault.jpg

DefaultNotice.jpg

Have just check his credit file Vanquis has just marked a default on his file. as you can see from the shots about it was sent Dec 2010 with a remedy date of 10 Jan 2011

Default Date

31 May 2011

Removed from File

May 2017

Monthly Change

-£1

Credit Limit

£2,250

Lender Address

Vanquis Visa Card

Customer Services

PO Box 399

Chathem

ME4 4WQ

Is this right date? They are marking the default as May 2011 when the notice is dated Dac 2010.

I have sent three letters to Vanquis by recorded delivery....giving them 10 days to reply each time.

These have been template letters...and the 2nd one was not replied to.

I then sent 3rd and final letter, and am stlll waiting their reply---10 days is nearly up.

If, after 10 days, I get no reply, then they would have entered into a tacit agreement. Meaning they have agreed that I owe nothing.

Beware though, I have been getting phone calls and letters from IMPACT COLLECTION SERVICES

They are a debt collection outfit....under the trading name of Vanquis Bank!

If you get letters from them, treat them as another debt collection agency, and start from the beginning with them---send the first of three letters.

Template letters can be found on this site.