Nationwide say no !!!

andyelson1970
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nationwide have refused my claim for £647. I received a nicely worded letter 26/8/06 telling me to get stuffed ! ! !:(

From

Sarah Watson

Team Manager

Member Account Servicing

Blah blah blah......................

" I hope this has helped to clarify our position and i hope you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account. If you have any further queries Don't hesitate to call me. My contact number is 01793 712507"

What is my next step????:confused:

Would a call be worthwhile and what would I say????:confused:

I am quite worried now:-|

Abbey National Data Protection Act Letter sent 26/6/06

reply 5/7/16 "wants proof of identity":confused:

Nationwide Data Protection Act letter sent 16/6/06

Reply 24/6/06 "statements to follow":shock:

Which letter have you sent? Whichever one it was, go to the next stage and ignore it. They say no to everyone until you file moneyclaim.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thankyou Dolly I will. I sent the template letter....

My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 6 years.

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations. If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs.

LBA time then, good luck not that you'll need it!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Definately, fingers crossed. many thanks :D

Your welcome as always! lol

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 1 month later...

not done much about it to be honest. its court papers time and with christmas coming up it's a lot of money to shell out in one go. I will get something sorted out over the next couple of weeks though.:|

thanks

But just think - you will have all that extra money back before Christmas.....3 weeks MAX after issuing MCOL you will have your charges back....

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

She speaks sense!

I submitted my Moneyclaim on the 5th october and they paid out on the 10th - the cheque has however got lost in the post and I'm waiting for another one (not cancelling claim until i get it!). That's still only a short time after submitting the claim though. You'd have even more money for Christmas!

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

• 1 month later...

Hi Moora Moo!

I should ignore the fob off letter that U received and just proceed to your next stage after the appropriate time.

Be that the LBA Letter stage or MCOL

ALL THE BEST!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I have just received my second sod off letter from member services. I haven't filed yet will have to wait until after christmas. Their member services must be mad busy, but they have only made me more determined, even though it is only for a small amount £153. Good luck with all your claims and have a good christmas

we're gonna need a bigger boat.....for all that money!