Rob vs Halifax (part 2)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Need Urgent Help....

Received a letter from Halifax today. It is the same letter that i received from them when they agreed to settle my 1st claim with them (£5399). Its even got the same date on it (30th August).

Now, at the moment i have another claim with them for £3500 which is at the LBA stage. I think someone has looked at my account and thinks that im still claiming the 1st part.

Anyway, the dillema is that when i checked the balance today they have paid in another £5399. !!!!!!

I dont know what to do.

My options : withdraw the money,

or tell them about their mistake.

Im not comfortable with withdrawing it as its not really my money (only £3500 of it is).

What you guys think?? I have another week before i issue moneyclaim for the £3500.

Thanks

Wow the ineptness is simply outstanding isn't it?

Yep - got to own up (but tempting to make them squirm bit too :))

Morris v Halifax

Data Protection Act letter sent 20/6

Charge deducted from account 27/6

6 yrs statements received 25/8

Prelim sent 30/8 (£1014 charges + £156.11 interest).

Std reply & complaints leaflet received 5/9

Offer received £70 9/9

LBA sent 12/9

No reply to LBA - MCOL requested 26/9

Offer received 26/9 - £218.

MCOL issued 26/9, acknowledged 29/9

Offer 29/9 - full amount ex. o/draft interest

Accepted as partial

Credited to account 12/10

AQ sent for rest

Morris1 v Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 31/8 (£60 charges + interest).

Standard reply 9/9

Offer 12/9 - full amount!! :smile:

Morris 2 v Barclaycard (Mrsbass!):

Data Protection Act letter sent 7/9

Standard reply received 19/9 inc statements 5/04 to date and microfiche bilge.

Prelim 20/9 £100+interest actual, +same estimated.

LBA 3/10

Partial offer £48 6/10

Inept being the right word.

Tried calling customer relations. First of all no-one could find the woman who signed the letter that i got from them.

Explained the whole saga to the woman on the phone who said i'd need to confiem my security details before she can continue. I couldnt remember my password. Told her i dont even remember setting up a password but apparently i did when i opened the account (20 years ago!!)

Spoke to somebody else who also wouldnt give me any advice as to what to do with the money. Told me i'd have to go into a branch with photo id etc to sort it out. Explained that i work all work and am only of on Sundays. He said fine just pop in whenever i can!!!

So for now the money will stay in my account and im going to continue with the 2nd part of my claim.

Worse than useless!!!

Rob

• 4 weeks later...

Second part of claim Settled.

Never heard a thing from them until i got the letter saying they were going to defend.

Then 3 days later another letter saying they were gonna pay in full.

Thanks everyone for help and advice. Good luck everyone still seeking charges.

Hope Abbey goes just as well.

Rob

hi rob,

i hope you have kept the money for yourself , i can't believe it they deserve to loose the money for there sheer stupidity. hope you have a great time with all the extra money .payment for all the undue stress they cause people well done you.

i am new here and have just purchased the small claims kit. i checked my letters online and found 3 x charges of 30 pound last year i don't know if there are any more but thats 90 quid of my money i would like back , i was a little worried as i've read a few threads saying after the first claim was paid back then halifax tried imposing lots more charges to those accounts resulting in having to go through the process a second time to reclaim the charges this is madness. still i'm going to go ahead and claim whats rightfully mine.:p

thanks

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

i think that this bank is really making profits for its shareholders by paying in extra money. any way good one !!!! enjoy. the crunch you might get them ask you for the extra money when they have a audit. next year or whenever !!!! it has happende with my insurance policy where 11 months letter we recieved A letter saying that payments had been overlooked and could we have £130 reduced to £49. for the years premium. !!!