AMEX Travellers Cheque Card - RipOff!

jo5ephedward5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I brought (yes that’s right they cost £20!) an American Express Travellers Cheque Card last year to use on a few trips to Europe…I loaded it up with £1800 and when it arrived I thought this will be great…anyway was going to Brussels and noted that AMEX say it doesn’t work there (funny they take the travellers cheques!) – OK…down the post office to draw off some Euros – they had never seen one and didn’t know how I could draw off it without using the hole in the wall – so I did just that and you get charged £2.50 a time to draw off and you can only take £200 a time so my £1800 has now cost me £22.50 to get back – and I cant get the last £8.50 off it as its not a whole figure (apparently there is no way of getting it) and all this for the cost of £20!

Do you think I can complain and get my £20 and my cash point fees back?

I have re-read the terms and conditions and it is all stated in there but I just think it’s a big con – says they’re better than Travellers Cheques but I fail to see how as it doesn’t cost £2.50 to change a travellers cheque or £20 to get them!

Note to everyone – don’t get one of these get a Nationwide account that gives free withdrawal abroad with no commission!

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumpety Bump...

i think i will go ahead this weekend and draft a quick letter of complaint - whats the worst that can happen - they dont reply - no change there then!

I'm just so miffed that all the benifits are canceled out by having to pay £2.50 each time to draw the money off - also says it can be used a sa debit card but i have yet to find anywhere that takes it (even those who accept AMEX) :(

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!