Santander, over £200 fees for £1.25OD

c-m
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to bank with Alliance and Leicester and had a £100 overdraft facility.

I was extremely ill during February which resulted in my having a number of days off work. Losing £400 of income put me on the back foot.

On the 10th May i went over this limit by £1.25

On the 25th May they applied a £25 fee for exceeding the overdraft limit for 5 days.

On the 29th May they applied a £5 fee (16x£0.50 max cap £5)

On 8th June they applied a £95 fee for my exceeding the overdraft (19 days at £5 per day)

In April i had moved house and bank and had forgotten about this account.

In July they contacted me and I felt pressured into agreeing £35 per month towards this debt.

That however was more than i could afford to pay out each month, meaning the £35 was my only payment to them.

I was contacted recently and told that they have added another £100 to the debt in the form of charges. So the debt is now over £300

To get the woman off the phone i agreed to pay £15 per month from now on.

Obviously i was in the wrong, but is there any comeback here, on this? I'm not sure it's fair to charge so much for just being £1.25 over my limit.

When they called me at work and i initially said ok to the £35 a month agreement, they said they would stop all charges.

A month later when i couldn't pay thats when they added the extra £100

They also said that unless i came to an agreement the charges would carry on as they are unable to close the account