Alliance & Liecester, overdraft charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4960 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hoping someone can advise, because I think I have dealt with my problem wromgly.

Briefly I have held a current account with Alliance & Leicester / Santander since 2002,

two years ago I wanted to put my husbands name on my account but I was refused.

Even though they refused this it was my husband's pension which was going into my account, and I myself was unemployed

recently A&L have started to charge me for my £250 overdraft and for fees for unauthorised overdraft, these range from £5 to £50 in any given month,

as a result I wrote to the bank that these charges were unfair, however they defended and refused refund,

these occurred because the bank paid items which were not authorised by me, and basically the bank kept me in constant debt with them,

they also withheld my husband's pension by not showing it until such times as I was overdrawn again,

Earler this month, most of my husband's pension went to the bank in fees for one thing or another and my husband decided to withdraw his pension altogether,

as a result, I again wrote to the bank enclosing my debit card and cheque book I registered the letter and the letter was delivered, however the bank themselves have not responded, nor even acknowledged the letter and they are still adding charges on my account,

On this months statement they are charging me another £50,

What should I do?

Hi Angus

Welcome to CAG

It has become very difficult to claim back bank charges, but they can be claimed on the basis of Hardship, but theres still no guarantee. But here's a useful

guide:- http://www.itv.com/daybreak/money/martinlewissection/bankcharges/

Expect the bank to say no then go to the FOS.