Advice on what to do next re court action over incorrect default

melsy784
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please can someone point me in the right direction as what to do next - the story so far is as follows ;

A default is on my credit record and is showing 'special instruction indicator - default paid in 2008'

The default was in fact paid in 2006 - two years previously.

The CRA state that the information is correct because Lloyds told them so and Lloyds state they have no longer have a record of this account. In effect this means that neither the CRA or Lloyds are prepared to deal with the matter

I'm trying to get a mortgage - unsuccessfully - and this default date is causing a huge problem as most lenders willing to do mortgages to people with defaults insist that they must be older than 3 years

Therefor can I seek some sort of redress from the courts ? Is there anyway to make Lloyds remove or amend this from my credit file ? I am loathe to go through the information comissioner as past experience has left me with the impression that they won't do anything anyway !

All help gratefully received

M

If Lloyds have no record of the account surely that means there is no account to be defaulted, might be a time for a quick call to the FOS, and Information Commissioners office.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The CRAlink3.gif state that the information is correct because Lloydslink3.gif told them so and Lloyds state they have no longer have a record of this account. In effect this means that neither the CRA or Lloyds are prepared to deal with the matter

heres one to try . i think a bank is like Solisitors they must keep records for 6 years regardless of weather the account is active or not. if they say they do not have any records for that account you want to know what has happened to your personal data quoting the data protection act, also ask them what would happen if you SAR'D them?

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS