more unlawful actions by Barclays

Janet-M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

18th January 2006 I apply for a bank account online as they was offering a £100 incentive for opening account

aprox 27th January I recieve an email saying there would be a 10 day delay as there had been so many applications.

2nd Febuary I recieve a letter asking me to take ID into a branch it also contained a copy of my application.

2nd Febuary they do a credit reference search with Experian

6th Febuary I take ID into branch and a copy of my online application the ONLY time I use a pen is to sign and date the copy .

10th Febuary I recieve a phone call from a personal banker in the branch saying my account has been opened and giving me my account number

10th Febuary another credit search is done on my account

Last week I check my file with Experian and discover this 2nd search I query it and say I dispute the information is correct as I have only opened the one bank account so they had no right to of put 2 searches on my file.I also put in a complaint to Barclays .

Today I recieve a phone call from customer services over my complaint they insisted I had signed asking for a Credit Card , I had not .. They have been back and to on the phone to me all morning blah blah blah insisting everything they have done is lawful.The last call I recieved off them I really couldn't believe my ears .The personal banker in the branch has admitted that she knew I hadn't applied for it but took it upon herself to tick a box above my signature implying I had applied for it .She said this was common practise and the fella who phoned me agreed it was common practise as he used to do it as a personal banker.Then the cheeky G*TS not only done that but done a credit search , refused me the CC and are about to mark my credit file saying I have been refused it .I am FUMING.I have just sent off a DPDR and also asking for a copy of the recording ( yes I know I should of already recorded it ) .

They have now said they will correct my credit file .

So two questions

1) if this is common practice then surely some of the people who are now having problems with Barclays credit cards may not of in fact even of applied for them , can this help them in anyway ?.

2) HELP I'm not at all happy with them just correcting my credit file what else can I do ? can I claim damages / compensation ?

NO way do I want it just left at this

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I would have thought it counts as fraud and is therefore a criminal offence. To alter the form after you have signed it has got to be fraud. I would contact the police.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I was thinking it would be but I would need the evidence I have asked for first wouldn't I ? or is the mere fact that they are correcting my credit file proof ? at what point do I involve the police ?

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Police not interested as it is a civil matter told me to contact a solicitor GRRRRRRRRRRR

doubts.

Speak to someone higher at the police station. It is not a civil matter, fraud is a criminal offence.

Alternatively do what seminole suggested, ringing back with tape recorder and going through the whole problem, when you have all the info you need ask to speak to her superior, tell them the problem say you have a recording of the conversation and you intend to press charges for fraud and sit back and watch how quickly you get phone calls from people higher and higher in the bank. Take each person's name and direct line telephone number (and post them all here!lol) and see what they intend to offer you in compensation. Make them sweat!

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

I suspect that the reason she ticked the box for a credit card is that she would receive commission if the application was successful. If that is the case then she stands to benefit financially from her actions that were unauthorised by you. This is, in my opinion, a criminal matter and you should as Natalie suggests, go back to the police about this.

What a time for my monitor to go on the blink lol

They offered me compensation in the form of a refund of my £10 for the DPDR ...I can't print my answer ... told them if they do not come up with suitable compensation in writing for damaging my credit file ,fraudulently altering forms I have signed my time in a nearly a full day trying to sort it and repairing my CF with experian then I am reporting the matter to the police and will let them deal with it.

I really can't believe how blase they are over it.

doubts.

Don't contact them or do anything until we have considered it all.

It is a very interesting problem which has potentially a very beneficial outcome for you.

Do you have the name of the person you spoke to on the phone?

I suppose that you didn't record the call?

I don't know why people don't record their calls with the bank as a matter of routine.

I suggest that yo start by making a verbatim note of the conversation which you had and file it. Include time, date, he said, she said.

I'll get back to you.

I suggest to you and to everyone that you go down to Maplins and buy a cheap reliable device to record calls and that you know how to use it and that you always use it.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks