Loan letter charges refund

Craigbadger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thought i'd post this up.

Had a loan with A&L between 05 and 08 and noticed 3 lots of £25 charges were added.

Wrote in May to which they declined.

I emailed them 3 times over the next 8 weeks and no response so 2 weeks ago I mailed them again to say that if I didnt receive a response by 11/8/10 i'd be forwarding my complaint to court without further action.

Had a phonecall this morning and a nice lady apologised for the poor service but in basic she said they were still not upholding my complaint but are sending me a cheque for the full amount anyway :lol:. Only £98 or so with interest but it all counts :)

Letters in the post today.

Shows they took my threat seriously.

That was exactly what I did, wow £40 for a letter is outrageous. The problem is they do not tell you these costs, the first I knew was when I got a statement after i'd paid off the loan.

Something I picked up on the egg forum which I used in my letter with these was along the lines of. While I respect your pre estimated audit of the cost of these letters I cant help but wonder if you have ever compared post event audits with those pre estimates. Make it clear you'll see them in court and you'll be asking this.

I actually got written confirmation today.

Dear Mr FSFDSFDSF

Sorry about delay ............

Your compaint "You felt the letter charges were extortionate"

There reply "I aim to deal with your complaint by refunding £95.63, this is a goodwil gesture and full and final"

They didnt answer my question or try and wriggle out.

Good luck, i'm sure they'll roll over once they realise you will take it all the way. :)