CO-OP OD all charges - and Loan to pay off OD...

phatram
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I feel your frustration! So in over three years no-one has done anything, I hope you have reported them and the bank to the OFT/TS/and kept up the pressure on the FOS to do something..

You could try the FCA too.. http://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/complaints-and-compensation

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone back through reams of papers and discovered that we SARd the Co-Op in 2006. They never complied. Should we SAR them again?

Just a quickie, is this still an acceptable SAR?

DataProtection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating tomy banking history with your organisation. Alternatively,a complete set ofstatements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over thisperiod which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, orany other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which haveeither caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence ofthat manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manualintervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I also require written transcripts of any telephone callsregarding the consolidation loan sold to me.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which tocomply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionatepenalties against me which have or are causing hardship, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming theenclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourselfas to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that theabove address is the one which you normally use to communicate my privatebusiness to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

If you have a record of this, then I would be reminding them of it, and informing them that six years is plenty of time in which to have sent you the SAR, if they won't then I would be asking them for my £10 back, BUT it will include interest also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...

Ha ha. Lowlifes still sending out puerile missives.

And surprise surprise it's the 'Discount' letter too!

Ignore them, file it away with the rest of them.

Await your SAR.

Deliberately misleading and purposefully confusing.

Once again lowlifes are attempting to exploit the debtors lack of knowledge.

So they send you a missive using their trading name of Red then follow it up with a letter using their actual name??

Lodge a complaint to the OFT&TS.

Wow

Its only taken them 349 days to tell you officially.

And this alleged debt is made up completely of bank charges and interest which we were in the process of claiming back years ago.

SAR has arrived from COOP.

Trawl through it, and get reclaiming all those fees/charges...

Tell lowlifes the debt is non existent and has been disputed with the OC ever since they claimed you owed it!

• 3 weeks later...

Had a quick look through SAR stuff and all they've sent is copies of loan agreements and copy statements. There's no copies of letters, transcripts of phone calls for the setting up of the consolidation loan or about my trying to cancel the "packaged account" with "free" car breakdown cover (we don't drive and have never had a car).

I will be sending a non compliance letter.

18 February 2009

The Co-Operative Bank

Balloon Street

MANCHESTER

M60 4EP

Account No; ****************

Dear Sir,

Could you please change the above Privilege Account into a normal account as the privileges offered do not relate to our needs.

I trust this is to your satisfaction.

Yours faithfully,

The bank refused to change the account so they were getting £12 a month for what?

Looking at the statements I can see numerous occasions where the bank took the loan repayment out of our account and then put it back as it took us over our O/D limit, they then of course charged us for doing so.

Just for reference I read on "Which" site something about miss-selling of consolidation loans where they were sold to pay off a short term debt (O/D) with a long term one (loan).

Lowell

P.O Box 172

Leeds

LS11 9WS

I ACKNOWLEDGE NO DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that once again the Co-Operative Bank has failed to comply with my Subject Access Request.

They have also failed to follow the guidelines issued by the ICO and should not have shared my data with a third party.

I have informed you of this previously on numerous occasions and yet you continue to harass me.

I require from you confirmation in writing that you accept the accounts in question are in serious dispute with the Bank and that you should not be in possession of my data.

Yours faithfully

How's that read? Anything I should add? & why on earth can't I change the font size on here?

phatram, in the right hand corner of the reply section you will see A/A

if you click on that before copy and pasting, then you should be able to change font sizes.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Todays offering,

FROMLOWELLSreCOOPSARJAN2014_zps93328f9a.jpg

Just for reference I read on "Which" site something about miss-selling of consolidation loans where they were sold to pay off a short term debt (O/D) with a long term one (loan).

Has anyone else any experience of this?

Todays offering,

FROMLOWELLSreCOOPSARJAN2014_zps93328f9a.jpg

Is it correct that if there were more than three default charges (late fees) on the current account O/D the COOP were wrong to sell it on to any DCA?

Is it correct that if there were more than three default charges (late fees) on the current account O/D the COOP were wrong to sell it on to any DCA?

Not 100% certain what you mean?

But if you mean that the sale of an account littered with fees/charges is not allowed then, almost all accounts are sold with these fees which artificially inflate the total amount owing.

FPC have a cr@pital 1 card of mine which is inflated with unfair fees & charges, they get £1 a month until I have paid the amount I owe, I have never paid fees or charges yet.

There is the point that the ICO Technical Guidance on Defaults states 'if a default sum is made up of charges without which the account would not have been defaulted, NO default should be placed'.

The OFT lost the landmark test case on bank charges, so as CB says no reclaim.

Think it was this.

• 5 weeks later...

If you have specifically requested them then yes.

However, the statement 'All calls are recorded' is IMO a misnomer, used as a kind of threat to try and catch you out. Although I don't disagree it does happen, I am unsure as to how long they are likely to keep the recordings?

Might be something under the DPA regs?

• 1 month later...

Absolutely bog standard. Confirmation that Lowell have run out of ammunition and don't know what to do other than pass you around their puppies. You may get a second letter from Atlantis [as another poster called them] entitled "Notice of Intent to Start Debt Collection Action" but they give up after that.

Advantis senior staff include some Lowell drop outs, gone to seek the good life in Stoke.

I wondered what Lowell had done with the other account and then this arrived today,

FROMFREDSRELOWELLCOOP31STMARCH2014_zps7b0e75e3.jpg

This is the second time this has been with these muppets.

The first time they returned it to the CO-OP as shown in the thread below.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?235045-US-v-Fredricsons-Coop