Noisy neighbours!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI - thought I'd jump in to have a moan about our sleepless nights. I am in fact waiting for the police to arrive and hope they'll do something about the disco in the pub next door - they really take the biscuit these days and what's even more annoying is that the local enforcement officer was only in there this thursday re noise.

My investigations reveal that this new Licencing Act and the governments crazy idea that we'll turn into a "cafe society" is to blame - letting them stay open ALL NIGHT if they wish - just so long as they are eating food or having hot drinks - huh! - so who's gonna check that out and enforce it - no-one. And furthermore, the Licencing people are not able to do anything as it comes under noise pollution apparently and thats another department etc etc etc - blah blah blah - soooooo tired now. nite nite:(

Your remedy to all of this is normally an injunction ordering your neighbour to stop making the noise at certain times of the day. Instead of bringing a civil action yourself you could report the noise to your local Environmental Health.

There are various provisions that can be used to control excessive noise. You would need evidence that the noise interferes with sleep or causes a disturbance. If the council agrees that the noise is a nuisance it can serve a noise abatement notice on the public house. The notice will forbid the making of the noise or restrict it to certain levels at certain times of the day. If the noise abatement notice is not complied with, then your local council can prosecute them in the magistrates court.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi - thanks - yes, have thought about and have to install cameras to prove the evidence - my local authority are slow to act and we hve lost faith in them because local councillors (government and parish) are also customers and secondees in local voting etc with the licence holder. It has been suggested to me by the council that we are but one voice - well - that would be because we are the 'but one house' that is next door to them! I cant believe we have no rights and have been thinking about whether i could make a harrassment claim against them as they live there too and are residential neighbours - have informed them many times about the impact of their activities so they are not ignorant of it. Will have to see what we can afford whilst on benefits following redundancy - suppose I'll end up needing a solicitor as the pub owners will jump all over us wtih their lawyers being a major brewery, so, finally got to sleep about 5, and the police didnt come. thanks again.