Can I return this item to argos?

zico291
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought and xbox 360 premium from argos and I have now got some issues with it the issues are as follows:

its overheated 4 times

It has screwed up 3 of my discs

And it has got the red ring of death 3 times

and the controller does not work anymore

the product is still under guarantee but the xbox 360 premium has been discountined.

Can I still take it back?

Yes you can. They may want to repair it and you will have to give them the chance to do so.

Make sure that you write notes about everything which has happened and if possible take photos of screenshots etc. Only let Argos have copies.

You want a sensible time schedule for dealing with this. In other words, not open-ended and not 2 months.

They should be able to get back to you within 2 weeks with a report and a further 2 weeks with a repair. these time schedules are too long for my taste but if you end up bringing court action then you had better look as if you have been reasonable and tolerant.

Don't get involved in any phone conversations unless you are recording the call. Otherwise you will be betrayed, shat on, and generally shafted.

Geddit?

Its quicker and easier to call Microsoft from home (and saves a trip) as this is all Argos will do. Microsoft HATE dealing with retailers and all going into store will provide is a line to Microsoft on an already free call. They will talk to only you and they will then arrange for a free collection and delivery themselves at your address.

You are of course welcome to return it into the store however we just use Microsoft's repair service for which they only deal with you and prefer to collect it from you. You can of course get them to pick it up at Argos, they shouldn't have a problem with this and if they do remind them that they are responsible as the retailer.

Going directly via Microsoft will not effect your rights in the future with Argos.

Microsoft: 0800 587 1102

Edited by blitz

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

As I understand it, the X-Box can't get the red ring of Death 3 times. The first time, it's Dead, that's why they call it the red ring of Death................. Have you carried out the MS diagnostic procedure to confirm RRD?

How did it mess up your disc's?

What does not work about the controller? Communication, buttons, battery etc.

Hammy :)

46 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

HMCTS Approved Technical Expert and Independent Motor Trade Consultant

re-flowing the graphics chip fixes the red ring

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

i havent had it, we fix alot of them at work tho

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: