Npower HIGH bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Wonder if you can help I was with Npower until just recently and I have just recieved a huge bill for almost 600 quid from them as a final bill (I swtiched to a new supplier).

Before I switched I did call Npower at thier request and the lady on the phone did say my bills were so high because of my gas usage however by this point I was so peeved off with them I still moved.

When I got this last bill I called them and asked to see a breakdown of my account.

I did get a print out of an excel spreadsheet which had readings and values but no account information name/address which tallied up with thier readings.

However my point is my bill is huge how do I know if its accurate or not ? Is there anyway I can check ? Do I tell Npower that I can't pay - will they negociate an alternative ?

Any advice would be appricated

S

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I do hope you took the power readings before switching? if not do you have the readings from your other bills with NPower?

It is not good enough to get a spreadsheet without identifing information. iut could belong to any one. Make an DPA SAR requesting this information and the breakdown of the charges. This should put them on notice that you are not prepared to accept what they have supplied so far.

Thanks Mrs Hobbit

I didnt know I could do that for utilities

You don't know how I get my meter or boiler checked do you ? (in case the readings are faulty ?)

Regards

S

Guest Mrs Hobbit

You can ask your present energy provider for a check meter to be installed, from memory there is a charge for this, but this will tell you if the meter is faulty

If your property is rented, get your landlord to get a gas safe registered engineer (the new name for corgi) to check the appliances, they must do this every year.

Check the meter reads on your final bill from Npower and ensure that they match the opening reads from your new supplier, and that this is comparable to what is on your meter.

I would go down this route before asking for a SAR as that would cost you £10, these checks are free.

Also have a look back at your old Npower bills and see whether they are to actual meter reads or to estimates

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

How did you get on with this. I am in the same position with npower and will start my own thread. Just transferred to eon and have received a £700 bill.

This is despite my calling them between April and now to be told I was in credit (and mindful of doing this one time last year only to receive a big bill a week later) I specifically asked, 'so if I left today that is how my account would stand. She answered 'yes'.

I cancelled my direct debit with npower around April/May and received a letter telling me they noted my new payment arrangements and I was around £230 in credit so I was quite happy to arrange the transfer. But a few days ago I get my final bill from them which goes back to Dec 2009.

I feel their six month billing system is designed so customers can never get away and the fact that you can never receive an actual true picture of your account until the day the bill comes is scanadalous.

Did you get anywhere with your actions on this?

Cheers

Andrea