backdoor CCJ by mullard after returning car 4 weeks ago!! **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so who's got the ccj against you then?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not sure

look in the legal section

in fact

it might be an idea to hit the warning triangle and get your thread moved there

that way the team will see it

its hidden here is the CRA forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Moved to Legal Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi, when i'm filling out the N244 form do I also have to go to a solicitor and sign a affidavit? Or will sending proof that they have been writing to my current address do.

Thanks

JJ

Not at all. I assume you are applying for Set Aside on the grounds you never received the original paperwork as it was sent to an old address - despite them having your new one!! This meant you never had an opportunity to defend/counterclaim/make an offer of payment.

Although this may be the case you may also have to provide some means of being able to pay the debt - unless of course it is either paid or you didn't owe it in the first place. This can be done by paying the Claimant in full or making a proposal for payment which will pay the debt off in say 6 months time. The Court may even suggest that payment is made to them prior to the Hearing as an gesture of good faith.

You can put all this down on a separate sheet of paper and sign and date it yourself as a Statement of Truth.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for getting back to me, I had been fighting regarding a miss selling of insurance and charges so the amount they applied for is wrong. I don't know what will be the best thing to do.

Thanks for getting back to me, I had been fighting regarding a miss selling of insurance and charges so the amount they applied for is wrong. I don't know what will be the best thing to do.

What have they said about this?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to be honest and say I know nothing about the insurance side of this, I assume it is all to do with what you got when you received the car. I would ask others that know about the ins and outs of this to explore more.

You mention CCA & SAR, which one did you specifically ask for? If it was for a SAR did you send the £10 fee? If it was you should have had back a lot more than what you say you have.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I sent off a CCA request as well as the SAR with the monies last year when they got in contact, got the CCA back but nothing regarding the SAR, I thought it would come along later but nothing arrived.

The last payment I can remember making to them was Jan 05.

As ar as the SAR is concerned they only had 40 days to respond to that - obviously well past know. Do you know if they encashed the payment? Was your CCA request in the same envelope? Were both requests written on separate letters?

I think regardless of the replies to those you still have a chance of Set Aside particularly as you were found "guilty" by Judgment in Default.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The Solicitor has not rung me back so I think I am on my own again, time for some serious letter writing and research.

If anyone has any info on non disclosure this would help me in my quest

Thanks

JJ

A secret commission can mean recission ie puts you back in the position you were in before the agreement and they get the car back. This is the same for secured and unsecured loans. It would be for a court to decide if recission is what they call "just equity." Solicitors are dead slow and stop. I would give him/her a call and see what is happening.

Hi, thanks for that it seems the broker has broken the fiduciary code by not disclosing to me the commission, I am writing a letter as we speak and will post up before I send to them. Sadly in all my paperwork I have lost the solicitors number and their web site is not working!

Here is my letter if someone can look over it before I send.

17th June 2010

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you supplying the Subject Access request. On reviewing the paper work I have come across a serious error regarding the agreement.

On the 3rd January 20 a correspondence was sent to P**** Financial Contracts LTD regarding commission payment of £1,*****.

This payment was not disclosed to me and this payment can be seen as a bride I draw your attention to court case Wilson v Hurstanger.

The broker has breached his fiduciary duty by not disclosing this secret commission. Significantly, the lender, who had paid the commission knowing that the broker was acting as the agent of the borrowers are liable as an accessory to that breach.

I have been seeking legal advice on this matter and will await your response before I take further action.

Yours sincerely

JJ