backdoor CCJ by mullard after returning car 4 weeks ago!! **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a reply from the solicitor showing how much they will be claiming tomorrow if the court says they can be awarded cost. My argument will be that if they had sent the paperwork to my new address they had they wouldn't have to travel down to the hearing tomorrow. Will this be a valid argument?

Thanks

JJ

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I don't know anything about car finance, but I would defenitely say that the letter from the solicitor is a "Bullying" response.

Whether you owe the money or not, court procedures determine that you should have recieved the court documents, you should have been given the opportunity to defend the claim if it is inaccurate.

The original creditors refusal to comply with your SAR puts you at a disadvantage. The consumer credit act 2006 ammendments refers specifically to "Fairness", and inparticular a "Cards on table" approach in all proceedings. The "Burden of Proof" is not on you to proove that they have a case.

Your argument is quite simply, and must be stressed to the judge(Firmly but ever so politely :-)) The solicitor and there client had your correct address (You have letters to prove this). For whatever reason, the solicitor when making this claim gave the courts inaccurate information.

If the judge asks if you owe the money, be polite, but under no circumstances say yes. You are unable to respond to his questions because the OC refuses to comply with your SAR. Owing the money is a moral issue, recieving the court docs is a legal requirement.

I personally would not recommend speaking with them prior to the hearing.It will accomplish nothing. If you do, let them speak. Make notes, & say as little as possible. Ask 1 question & repeat it, Why, if you had my correct address did you file the claim to the wrong address? They WILL try to intimidate you, threaten you with further legal cost, point out that as a litigant in person you are charging £9.50 an hour. Stay strong and make the judge aware of everything.

I have read many threads, were the judge to begin with is not prepared to listen to the litigant, but stay calm & resolute, the other side will throw in some legal jargon. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, it all depends on the judge. But remember, if you are unhappy with the proceedings, you can request a transcript of the hearing. You can challenge any decision made.

Good Luck

Debsxxx

Good Luck

go eat 'em for breakfast

i bet they backdown

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dx as a matter of interest GAP insurance and PPI are totally different unfortunately. GAP pays the difference between and insurance payout on a written off vehicle whilst PPI does the employment bit.

Hopefully the OP will have success today and overcome this bullying firm..

Hi, just to let you know I am back from the court and was successful in getting the judgement set-aside, the now have 14 days to represent the papers to me at my new address.

Thanks again for all the advice especially DX & Debs to words of wisdom helped me a lot today.

JJ

Dx as a matter of interest GAP insurance and PPI are totally different unfortunately. GAP pays the difference between and insurance payout on a written off vehicle whilst PPI does the employment bit.

Hopefully the OP will have success today and overcome this bullying firm..

well done JJ!!

as for the insurances, i note the diff uses, but the OP has still been charged them & interest on them, so can be reclaim via the same process.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I am just going through the paperwork again and would like some more advice. I paid £400 deposit, now £160 was paid towards the GAP insurance (which we had to have).

After reading some other posts regarding Yes Car Credit who did the same it made the agreement unenforceable. Would this apply to my agreement?

Thanks

JJ

cab:

The legislation that you have attached in a .pdf document is not UK Legislation, it is an Act in force in New Zealand, from what I can see. I can't find such an Act listed in any statute database active for the UK.

Cheers

UF

As they are part of the commonwealth I am certain this would be the same as our laws.

English contract law is an influential body of law regulating the law of contract that operates in England and Wales. Its doctrines form the basis of contract law across the Commonwealth, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand contract law, India and South Africa, as well as the United States and the wider common law world. It also influences international law.

cab