style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have almost completed day 3 of this liquid diet (and not the good sort :p)

Seem to be doing ok, and not struggling with it. So in a couple of days im expecting a good loss on the scales :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Actually, that's a point I've been meaning to stress:

Alcohol, especially at the beginning, is a big no-no, pay attention, here comes the science bit:

the body burns what is easiest and less energy-consuming (that's because it works really well at its job: survival), which is why we have this burning glucose before fat, and why you need to cut off the carbs to force your body to switch to burning fat instead. However, ethanol (alcohol) burns REALLY easily and so, if you drink alcohol, you could really jeopardise the fat-burning and therefore weight-loss process, so beware! A lot of alcohols contain a lot of sugars as well, so all in all, better to abstain as much as you can. ;-)

Dried fruit is an easy option for snacking. I've noticed the £1 and 99p shops give

great value in this line. Hopefully the large supermarkets don't charge too much. I expect the health food shops can be more pricey but worth a mooch round as they seem to realise people will go elsewhere if they don't compete and can have cost effective buys.

ell-en, have you started on the book yet? :-)

Yep, think I've got the idea - I've made notes from it for when I go shopping :)

Strangely enough - started the diet on Saturday after the book arrived and today my clothes feel a little looser and I certainly don't feel as bloated in the hot weather over the last few days as I normally would,(probably all in my mind).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yep, think I've got the idea - I've made notes from it for when I go shopping :)

Strangely enough - started the diet on Saturday after the book arrived and today my clothes feel a little looser and I certainly don't feel as bloated in the hot weather over the last few days as I normally would,(probably all in my mind).

It's not. :-D

I discovered LC when my GP suggested it. This was when what is now sold as Alli had just been invented, and I went begging her to give it to me, side-effects and all. I was desperate, because I knew that low-fat didn't work for me, that even with starving myself on very low cal, I didn't lose weight, I was hungry and miserable (and poorer!). She was reluctant to prescribe (understandably, it really is nasty stuff) and so suggested I go buy the book, give it a try for 2 weeks, and if I lost 1 kg in that time, then she'd consider it...

I lost 2.5 kgs in ONE week, felt better than I had in a long time, IBS symptoms disappeared, acne cleared, mood improved! I am thin waisted but very large hips and bum, and it looked as if someone had taken a sander and shaved a big load of my hips! Honestly, for *ME*, it was like a miracle.

Needless to say, I never went on the drugs and happily converted to low-carb forever. Even when I am not actively on it, I still believe in it. :-D

The only negatives, again for *me*, are these: I can get constipated (y fault as I am not a big veg eater) and I get ever so tired! which I put down to my body expanding so much energy burning fat that it makes me sleep to compensate. Nothing like the insulin induced slump, which makes you lethargic, no, real, solid, dreamless sleep. I have added vits B12 and Gingko to help with that. Oh yes, and early on, the carb cravings are worse than nicotine ones for a quitting smoker. :-(

The results speak for themselves: Between January and August, I steadily lost 1-2 kg a week, I started a size 20-22, I was down to 14-16 by August. Sadly the following times haven't been so dramatically succesful, I suspect because your body recognises the change and clings on (which is what it's good at!) to the reserves. :-|

So no, it's not in your head. The moment you cut off carb, you start deflating, literally. Look at your tummy sideways, you'll see what I mean. ;-)

It's not. :-D

I discovered LC when my GP suggested it. This was when what is now sold as Alli had just been invented, and I went begging her to give it to me, side-effects and all. I was desperate, because I knew that low-fat didn't work for me, that even with starving myself on very low cal, I didn't lose weight, I was hungry and miserable (and poorer!). She was reluctant to prescribe (understandably, it really is nasty stuff) and so suggested I go buy the book, give it a try for 2 weeks, and if I lost 1 kg in that time, then she'd consider it...

I lost 2.5 kgs in ONE week, felt better than I had in a long time, IBS symptoms disappeared, acne cleared, mood improved! I am thin waisted but very large hips and bum, and it looked as if someone had taken a sander and shaved a big load of my hips! Honestly, for *ME*, it was like a miracle.

Needless to say, I never went on the drugs and happily converted to low-carb forever. Even when I am not actively on it, I still believe in it. :-D

The only negatives, again for *me*, are these: I can get constipated (y fault as I am not a big veg eater) and I get ever so tired! which I put down to my body expanding so much energy burning fat that it makes me sleep to compensate. Nothing like the insulin induced slump, which makes you lethargic, no, real, solid, dreamless sleep. I have added vits B12 and Gingko to help with that. Oh yes, and early on, the carb cravings are worse than nicotine ones for a quitting smoker. :-(

The results speak for themselves: Between January and August, I steadily lost 1-2 kg a week, I started a size 20-22, I was down to 14-16 by August. Sadly the following times haven't been so dramatically succesful, I suspect because your body recognises the change and clings on (which is what it's good at!) to the reserves. :-|

So no, it's not in your head. The moment you cut off carb, you start deflating, literally. Look at your tummy sideways, you'll see what I mean. ;-)

That's great Bookie - I feel like I've got my own personal diet guru :)

It's your enthusiasm for this diet that's keeping me going........... (and the fact that I was getting depressed at how I looked, which is not like me at all:()

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well, I am an old hand at this... and you have the advantage on me that you don't have a sweet tooth (which is my downfall every single bloody time :-().

I have a .pdf somewhere of recipes, let me see if I can find it and post it.

Here we are, as far as I know, these are freeware distribution, so ok to post on here, obviously will need to remove them if someone knows there are copyright issues, as I said I am not aware of any.

I haven't tried them tbh, as I already had tons of recipes long before that, I had even started writing a LC cookbook before the Atkins craze came upon us and all of a sudden the market got flooded so I never finished mine, lol.

Healthy Low Carb Recipes.pdf

Low Carb Recipe Secrets.pdf

Edited by Bookworm

You're a star Bookie - when we've lost all the weight we want - I'll send you a box of my special cup cakes :)

Yeah well, don't make them yet, they might get stale, I have a mountain of fat to climb. :-(

Likewise! :(

I've hung the swimsuit that doesn't fit on the outside of my wardrobe and I'm going to try it on every week until it looks OK!

(well I can get it on, but there's flesh hanging out all over the place - ughhh)

Shhhh, don't mention wagons, your OH might hear you!!! :lol:

Doing ok here, as expected, breakfast is the hardest. Just had lunch, fried mince and onions on a bed of diced boiled carrots, very nice. Said to Mr BW that a bit of grilled melted cheese on top would have made it perfect!

Aldi sell packs of frozen thai etc chicken mini fillets for a couple of quid, quite low in carbs, one pack with greek yogurt to dip it in makes a good snack/meal.

Talking of greek yogurt, don't be fooled by the supermarket own brands, they're usually not very good. Either go for the FAGE brand (which is really greek) full fat of course, which is expensive, or even better and even tastier is Lidl's Eridaneous brand, 1kg for £1.79 - £1.99, and ridiculously low in carbs, as well as very authentic tasting.

Last night, I mixed 1 avocado + a few large king prawns, with mayonnaise and pesto. The avocado tasted like a branch, the prawns may have been in the freezer too long and were even tougher than the avocado, and the "very Good" brand mayo was actually not very good at all. Still, I was hungry, so I ate it, lol. Won't do that again in a hurry.

Oh, while on the subject of mayo: if you don't have the time to make your own, save carbs and money, get rid of Hellman's and switch to Lidl's own (full fat!), it's healthier and tastier!

I have some chicken breasts defrosting, I think I might do them in my beautiful parmesan philly sauce.

Also bought big flat mushrooms, here's a great way of having them: Mix together some creme fraiche, wholegrain mustard and grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Clean mushrooms, remove stalks. Brush the outside with butter, scoop the creme fraiche mix on the inside of the mushroom, place on foil "bowl" and grill for 15 mns or so. Enjoy. :-D

Those mushies sound delicious Bookie! I may have to try them. I've been following this thread as I started a health kick a few months ago in the run up to the wedding, but seriously fell off the wagon after it. I think the week following the wedding I may have consumed everything that I would have consumed during those months lol . I didn't half make up for it!! Big birthday coming up and as refusing to be the fat twin (and I'm still not happy in myself) I am back on track. I had boiled eggs for breakfast, salmon salad for lunch (home made and no dressings, I don't like dressings). Not sure about tea, may be turkey keema again with no rice or breads.

One stupid question if you don't mind, what is Greek Yoghurt? I've heard of it for years but have never tried it so I am clueless as to what the difference is! People seem to speak about it almost as though it's not a yoghurt and is it's own thing if you know what I mean.

I was doing really well today and then a thank you card and wedding cake from the bride and groom arrived. I don't normally have a sweet tooth but I swear I can hear the cake doing a serenade..... I have hidden it and I can still hear it! I will eat it upon naughty day. It really is bothering me though lol. I'm sure it will be screaming at me by then.

I have no idea if I have managed to loose weight, I don't weigh myself and tend to go off how I feel (today I feel fat lol). I find it upsetting when weighing if I have been good and put it on it makes me throw myself off the wagon never mind fall, so I stopped that one before it really started. Very helpfull thread though, and I keep telling myself the science bit Bookie said about body burning suger and not my arse.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

THROW it AWAY!!! No-one needs to know but us. It's not wasting, as it will end up as waste one way or another, with the sugar and flour not nicely coating your hips instead.

Greek yogurt is yogurt, but it's a lot creamier and thicker and has a smoother and richer taste than normal yogurt. It doesn't taste as sour either, and holds better which makes it much better for dips for instance.

Its also completely addictive, once you have converted to greek yogurt, it's really hard to find anything enjoyable about normal yogurt.

I'm doing OK too at the moment.

Bookie - thought I couldn't have carrots and onion? must read book properly,.

Tonight I'm having lamb chops with stuffed red pepper (Cut pepper in half lengthways, de-seed and push a couple of cherry tomatoes (halved) into the cavity in each half of the pepper with some chopped basil. Cover with grated cheese and pop in the oven till the cheese is bubbling). I make these quite often anyway and they fit OK with the diet :)