Carter/EGG Claim Form **DISCONTINUED**

vic synex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, if a default notice was issued and the outstanding sums paid before the stated time, can this DN be quoted should the account fall into default again some time in the future?

Maybe a dumb question but someone is trying to use it against me!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, if the default is remedied within the given timescale, the default is treated as if it had never happened. It should not be recorded.That’s the point of a DN in giving the consumer some protection – it’s also the stage the creditor has to go through to be able to enforce.

Can you tell us more?

• Confused 1

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Carter mentions in his Witness Statement of a "Screen Dump" from Egg showing a DN sent out in 2008. This DN was rectified before the required time. Egg terminated in 2009 without sending another DN, I have a copy of their "Screen Dump" for the months leading up to the termination and there's no mention of a DN being sent.

Straws, clutching at, springs to mind!

Carter mentions in his Witness Statement of a "Screen Dump" from Egg showing a DN sent out in 2008. This DN was rectified before the required time. Egg terminated in 2009 without sending another DN, I have a copy of their "Screen Dump" for the months leading up to the termination and there's no mention of a DN being sent.

Straws, clutching at, springs to mind!

Hello Vic

Briefly;

89 Compliance with default notice.

If before the date specified for that purpose in the default notice the debtor or hirer takes the action specified under section 88(1)(b) or © the breach shall be treated as not having occurred.

Therefore, you remedied the breach in said Default notice and it follows then that no breach occurred, in this regard, if you were in breach any time thereafter, a new valid stautory notice must be served upon you in respect of the same, the previously served and remedied Default notice is of no legal effect with regards to any other breach further on in the contract therefrom (the said remedied breach)

Kind regards

The Mould

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update Guys, served my witness statement, ignoring Carter's original suggestion and lo and behold, a notice of discontinuance arrives in the post today.

Now, am I entitled to costs and how do I go about it?

TIA

Your defence wasn’t that weak then! Well done. Carter scuttles again at the first sign of having to do any application of the law. Well done.

Yes, wasted costs – suggest you do a draft in a letter and request his client settle, failing which you will be issuing an N252.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Liability for costs

(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, a claimant who discontinues is liable for the costs which a defendant against whom the claimant discontinues incurred on or before the date on which notice of discontinuance was served on the defendant.

(2) If proceedings are only partly discontinued –

(a) the claimant is liable under paragraph (1) for costs relating only to the part of the proceedings which he is discontinuing; and

(b) unless the court orders otherwise, the costs which the claimant is liable to pay must not be assessed until the conclusion of the rest of the proceedings.

(3) This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track.

(Rule 44.12 provides for the basis of assessment where the right to costs arises on discontinuance and contains provisions about when a costs order is deemed to have been made and applying for an order under section 194(3) of the Legal Services Act 2007)

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...