Comet Kitchen

stopstealingmydata!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could possibly help me quite urgently.

My Grandfather who is 89 visted his local Comet branch a few months ago and purchased a cooker, microwave and gas hob. He lives in council accomodation and the local council are fitting this for him free of charge this coming Saturday.

Upon paying for the items, he arranged with the store manager that the items would be delivered a number of weeks later in order to coincide with the council's fitting date. This was agreed to.

Yesterday morning a delivery man from Comet knocked at the door to deliver the microwave. When my Grandfather enquired as to the whereabouts of the additional items he was advised they would probably turn up the following day.

Today my grandfather visited Comet and spoke to the manager who dealt with the initial transaction. He was told that they had sold out of the additional two items and had no plans to stock any more. The line had been discontinued.

As far as I am concerned, my grandfather entered a contract with Comet for the goods he has already paid for in full and this is where I need some advice.

For an 89 year old pensioner, as well as my Grandmother who is also in her eighties with diabetes and a severe disability which leaves her housebound, to be without a cooker for however long is a very sorry situation. Not only is this a great inconvenience, but this has now got them over a barrell. The kitchen fitters are coming on Saturday and they have no goods to fit despite paying for them. As you may be aware, this may now be detrimental to the fitting of the kitchen as I am sure the council will not be bending over backwards to rescheule immediately following the resolution of this.

Please could anyone with some consumer law savvy advise?

Many thanks

Edited by stopstealingmydata!

Moved to the Comet Forum

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi, that is a sad situation. All's I can tell you is that there is a member on here who answers all questions regarding Comet. As far as I know, they work for Comet (customer relations) and they try to help as much as possible. They don't like bad publicity, so if they read this, they may be able to help more.

This link will take you to the Comet threads, have a look for the Comet helper and send them a private message. They should help you.

Comet - The Consumer Forums

Please click my scales and leave a comment if this helps you at all.

Thank You.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Guest Comet Response
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could possibly help me quite urgently.

My Grandfather who is 89 visted his local Comet branch a few months ago and purchased a cooker, microwave and gas hob. He lives in council accomodation and the local council are fitting this for him free of charge this coming Saturday.

Upon paying for the items, he arranged with the store manager that the items would be delivered a number of weeks later in order to coincide with the council's fitting date. This was agreed to.

Yesterday morning a delivery man from Comet knocked at the door to deliver the microwave. When my Grandfather enquired as to the whereabouts of the additional items he was advised they would probably turn up the following day.

Today my grandfather visited Comet and spoke to the manager who dealt with the initial transaction. He was told that they had sold out of the additional two items and had no plans to stock any more. The line had been discontinued.

As far as I am concerned, my grandfather entered a contract with Comet for the goods he has already paid for in full and this is where I need some advice.

For an 89 year old pensioner, as well as my Grandmother who is also in her eighties with diabetes and a severe disability which leaves her housebound, to be without a cooker for however long is a very sorry situation. Not only is this a great inconvenience, but this has now got them over a barrell. The kitchen fitters are coming on Saturday and they have no goods to fit despite paying for them. As you may be aware, this may now be detrimental to the fitting of the kitchen as I am sure the council will not be bending over backwards to rescheule immediately following the resolution of this.

Please could anyone with some consumer law savvy advise?

Many thanks

Hi Stopstealingmydata!,

My name’s Nick and I’m from Comet.

It was disappointing to read of the problems that your grandfather has been experiencing with his order.

I am sorry to hear that we are unable to supply the original cooker and hob that was purchased, however, as I can appreciate the urgency of this, could you please send me an e-mail via the link below, marked for my attention, including your grandfathers purchase details and contact telephone number so that we can look at an alternative option that suits and resolve this matter urgently for him.

https://comet.custhelp.com

You will need to register a few details with us in order to be able to send your e-mail in to us.

In the meantime please convey my sincere apologies to your grandfather for the inconvenience he has been caused, upon receipt of your response I assure you of my prompt attention.

Thanks

Nick