help - not received my wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have worked for a well known supermarket for 4 years i handed a weeks notice in and last tuesday I left after working my notice.

Today was payday but when I checked my bank nothing had been paid in so I rang them to see what had happened and they said I needed to go in to sort this out.

Who do i need to go to as i wish to take this further as I have done everything by the book but they have broken their obligation and failed me.

I was counting on this pay packet and they have no right to delay payment as they say every little helps! I know they will be awkward as in the past i have lost out in overtime payments as well

Hello. Do you have a contract or particulars of employment? If you do, does it tell you anything about what happens when you leave the company?

I would speak to payroll or HR in the first instance, starting with your branch if you feel able to and escalating it to Head Office payroll or HR if you don't get a satisfactory answer.

Did they tell you why you need to go in? I take it you mean your branch and not the bank?

What do you mean about taking this further please? If they pay you will you be happy?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi,

In some cases, the last wages are paid by cheque... as stated by 'honeybee13', check your handbook of employment... if there is nothing justifying their delay in paying you, then contact the HR department...

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

Thanks for all your replies.

Checked my contract and there is nothing in there. I called into see someone this morning and they say I will be paid on Tuesday. Would of been nice if someone had warned me that as I have comitments to pay.

Perhaps I may of panicked but after the fight I had to try and get my overtime paid and without sucess my first thought was that they would try and hold out paying me.

I was in the union there but to be honest due to previouse experience they are hopeless.

If they dont pay me Tuesday then it is legal advice that I am after.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

On Tuesday 14.5.10 I received only half of my pay but I received two payslips.

When I checked my bank only one lot had been paid in when I checked this with the pay office they said I would get the remainder soon. Well ten days on and still the remaining part of my pay has still not been paid in.

I have written them a letter now giving them seven day s to pay the remainder in or I will take action to recover.

That's were I am stuck who do I go to for employment help.:confused: