style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there Kia. Take your time about typing the letter onto the forum.

The pension you're talking about isn't a Personal Pension in terms of the rules, it's a company one.

I am really confused though here and hope you will work with me. If your Dad had other pensions, have they stopped or were there lump sums due from them?

I spoke to my friend today. They said that the Buck pension scheme should have paid out for the funeral on provision of the right paperwork. When you spoke to them, what did they ask for and what did you send them please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi there Kia. Take your time about typing the letter onto the forum.

The pension you're talking about isn't a Personal Pension in terms of the rules, it's a company one.

I am really confused though here and hope you will work with me. If your Dad had other pensions, have they stopped or were there lump sums due from them?

I spoke to my friend today. They said that the Buck pension scheme should have paid out for the funeral on provision of the right paperwork. When you spoke to them, what did they ask for and what did you send them please?

HB

hiya right the oother pension he had stopped the day he died and they informed me no 1ump sum pay out or funera1 payout but was on1y a sma11 pension on1y paid out 15 a month and bucks asked for death certificate intia11y which we sent then asked for 1etter saying who was the person paying the funera1 which was me so wrote and to1d em this then they asked for another 1etter te11ing them who was the executor of the wi11 so i did this sent em another 1etter with it on and thats where i am now xxxkia

Well that's just daft on their part. What reason have they given you for not paying out the money Kia?

We talked about your dad's estate earlier, didn't we? Did you tell them you didn't need probate, or did they ask for any confirmation of why you didn't need that?

HB

yes i to1d them was no need for probate as dad had no money and that im on benefits and as such need this money to pay for the funera1 as the money is intended for and that the bi11 is now way over due they have given no reason again for this de1ay and 1ooks as if i wi11 have to phone them again and ask why this time they havent paid the money to us just fee1s 1ike i been chasing them for weeks now and im fed up with it xxxkia

Hi Kia. I have to confess I am having trouble following everything that's happened and what they've asked you to provide in the way of proof that you don't need probate. If you can post something they've told you in writing, I can comment more.

For now, I can only repeat what I said a few posts back about going to someone more senior like the office head and asking for a plain English explanation.

Please let me know how it goes tomorrow, and don't forget to keep notes or record the conversation in case you need it later.

HB x

Hi Kia. I've spoken to my friend and understand the precise procedures now.

Please would you confirm if I've understood so far?

Your father had at least 2 pensions in payment when he died at age 79.

1. Who was paying them please?

2. Do you know when he started receiving these pensions?

3. Was anyone financially dependent on your dad when he died?

I still don't understand if Buck are looking after a pension that was being paid. At age 79, I would have expected everything to be in payment, because the law says you have draw a pension by the age of 75 at the latest.

HB

Hi Kia. I've spoken to my friend and understand the precise procedures now.

Please would you confirm if I've understood so far?

Your father had at least 2 pensions in payment when he died at age 79.

1. Who was paying them please?

2. Do you know when he started receiving these pensions?

3. Was anyone financially dependent on your dad when he died?

I still don't understand if Buck are looking after a pension that was being paid. At age 79, I would have expected everything to be in payment, because the law says you have draw a pension by the age of 75 at the latest.

HB

hiya wi11 answer questions first then write the 1etter out not got that many though most communication has been by phone

yes he had two pensions two seperate companies one was the hatters1eys one the other was the merseyside pension fund both were started when he worked there which wou1d be rough1y 30 years ago and no one was finica11y depenpdant on him right 1etter time

I refer to previous correspondence regarding the payment of the benefits fo11owing your fathers death.

The funera1 grant benefit is a 1ump sum which u1timate1y is paid at the trustees discretion. Within our guide1ines, if there is no surviving spouse the payment is made payab1e to the next of kin or to the Executor of the Estate. To he1p the Trustees deciede, the attached infomation for Trustees form requires comp1etion.

I apo1ogise for the de1ay in sett1ing the benefits, but we have to ensure that we obtain a11 the re1evant infomation for the trustees before payment is made

Yours sincer1y

!isa Ward

Pensin administrator

xxxxkia

right just spoke to her now and she says shes promises the cheques due in today and that wi11 be in post soon as it does so watch this space i frank1y am disgusted at this company te11 u what no way wou1d i ever have any dea1ings with them ever again she was very sheepish on the phone think she expected another rant on the phone by me but wasnt in mood for that cou1dnt do it so wi11 just have to wait again see what happens xxxkia

Hi there Kia. I'm pleased the cheque is on its way. I don't seem to have helped, which is sad.

I think you should cut this firm some slack myself. It's very unlikely that you'll deal with them again and if you do, it'll be because you join an employer who uses them to administer a pension and you won't have a choice.

I apologise for defending Buck, but I know and my friend in the pensions world has confirmed that the Trustees of a pension scheme have legal responsibilities when they deal with pension scheme funds. It's not like a bank account and they can't just dish out money. Since I've been trying to help you, I've never really understood what's going on because you seem to like drip-feeding information or not answering questions and that could be the reason for the delay here.

Ranting at them might make you feel better, but they have rules they must follow and if they don't, they can't pay out money.

Anyway, I hope your cheque arrives soon. Do you have any outstanding queries with them once this is done?

HB

no honey bee once the cheques c1eared that shou1d be it i hope and i wi11 cut them some s1ack cos im not we11 myse1f atm and the stress of a11 this hasnt he1ped im physica11y worn out and wi11 just be re1ieved once this money is paid off sorry if ive confused u didnt mean to and thanks for a11 your he1p with this hb xxxxkia

just recieved this this morning and in some what of a panic now

Thank you for comp1eting and returning the infomation for trustees form.

As mentioned in my previous 1etter the funera1 benefit of £1,000.00 is a 1ump sum paid at the trustees discretion. I am p1eased to comfirm that a proportion of the funera1 grant benefit and pension amount wi11 be paid to you.

Your 1ate fathers pension was 1ast paid 15 janunary 2010, for the period 16th october 2009 to 15th january 2010. Therefore there are arrears of pension payab1e amounting to £103.33, for 16th January to 24th february 2010, which must be paid to the estate of your 1ate father.

The pension arrears amount is paid net of PAYE income tax and as it is due to the estate, there may be other tax 1iabi1ities. The amount shou1d therefore be entered on any HM Revenue & Customs account that you may have to comp1ete and you may wish to contact your 1ate fathers tax office in this respect.

Therefore, I enc1ose two cheques payab1e to yourse1f, one for £500 for the funera1 grant and the other for £51.67 for the pension arrears.

I confirm that there are no further benefits payab1e.

Yours sincer1y

1isa Ward

hmmmm so ha1f what we were expecting so what now do we have grounds to appea1 this ior do we just accept this cos were about 700 pounds short and i dont remember any 1etter saying we might not get that amount i wou1d of app1ied for funera1 grant had i seen that was to1d on the phone i was getting 1000 pounds not 500 any he1p honey bee p1ease am desperate now xxxxkia

Hi there Kia. As you may have realised, pensions are not straightforward, but this sounds like a fairly standard letter to me.

Personally, I would write to them or email and ask if they could let you know how the figures of £500 and £51.67 were calculated.

Do you have a note of the telephone conversation that you might have written at the time when they said it would be £1000? No point telling you now that it's better to record it or get everything in writing.

I don't really understand your last paragraph. What were you given to understand in writing that might be paid?

Is there a reason why you've received half of the possible amounts due? Has someone else claimed as well?

As for the cheque for the balance of your dad's pension, is it made out to 'The executors of Kia's dad'? If so, it might be worth a quick chat with his bank, as they helped you before. You may be able to set up an account in that name, but you would need to check with them if you could draw on it afterwards. That's outside my experience.

One other thought, did Buck consultants ever see the invoice for the funeral?

HB x

sorry honey bee for not getting back to u on1y just found out my brother was a1so sent a cheque for the rest which dont quite get as im paying the bi11 but there u go good job im on good terms with him cou1d of been tricky but he on1y just came home so didnt know ti11 recent1y when he 1et me know anyhow a11 sorted now phewwww can re1ax now thank u so much for a11 your he1p though u were the best xxxxxkia

Kia, I missed a trick there didn't I? Next time someone offers, if they ever do, I should ask for bottle virtual champagne to celebrate. As a retired supermodel :D, I have expensive tastes.

Shall I pour you a glass?

Have a good day, HB x