Open+ Direct Addding late fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum had an agreement with shop electric here in Northern Ireland. She was paying in monthly for a cooker, and never missed a payment. She paid in the shop electric shop.

with only 2 payments to go shop electric without warning went into liquidation and my mum didnt know where else to go and pay open+ direct, She had assumed she paid shop electric and not open+ direct for the cooker.

Needless to say open+ were adding and stil are addin late payment fees and now the figure that once was at £300, is now at £1200+.

My mum has saught legal advice and has not paid them and will not pay them, she agreed to pay the £300 she had remaining but they wont accept this and are constantly hounding her for it.

It is affecting her mental health as my mum has bad depression. What can be done about this ?

thanks

First thing first, they are NOT allowed to hound her for the debt.

Send them a letter outlining that all contact will be made through the post from this point on. If they fail to comply, then they are in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949).

Then, send them a slightly modified version of the letter before action (if she knows the full amount owed, including dates that the charges were added to her account).

Then wait for their reply and come back here.

I might move this into the "Consumer Issues" forum if you have no objection.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Also, have a search round for Administration of Justice (or similar) I saw a post that I can't find now about harrassment and this law (?) was quoted.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 5 months later...

Open and Direct are the worst co I have had to deal with so far, my debt was 600 now £1800 as they charge £100 for a standard letter etc They have never acknowledged seeking a solution any of my letters and need to be taken down many a peg....

as my signature says they are on my hit list for next month

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Looking at the CAJ website, am I the only one to find the idea of the "Reebok Award for Human Rights" somewhat ironic? :)

The law in England and Wales is the Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31), S40 of which identifies the offence of harassment of a debtor. Since I don't have a copy of the full act to hand, and am not a solicitor, I can't tell you whether the scope of the act extends to Northern Ireland, especially since the NI Parliament still had legislative ability until suspension in 1972.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks