co-op ex Northern Rockicon credit card

ltc1607
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is still new to me but I think I read somewhere that if they terminate an account before you have had the chance to remedy the default, all they can then claim for is the defaulted amount, not the total. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

If this goes to court, you will be able to defend it with the invalid default notice

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I have a default notice from the co-op dated 11th feb 2009 giving me until the 25th of feb to pay the arrears I know this is wrong as I have not had the 2+ days but also on the same day dated the 11th feb I have a termination notice saying my agreement with the bank has been terminated.Have they done this all wrong and if so how do I use it to my advantage?

HI,

My advice is not to let them know they have screwed up the DN until it's to your advantage.

The co-op will probably sell the debt on to one of the friendly :rolleyes: DCA's out there.

You may then hit them with the fact that you only owe the arrears, not the full amount the Co-op say you owe.

If they tried to take you to court, they will look very silly :)

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I have a default notice from the co-op dated 11th feb 2009 giving me until the 25th of feb to pay the arrears I know this is wrong as I have not had the 2+ days but also on the same day dated the 11th feb I have a termination notice saying my agreement with the bank has been terminated.Have they done this all wrong and if so how do I use it to my advantage?

Any chance you can post up a copy of the termination notice(minus personal details). If they have terminated and not given you any of the statutory required 14 days then they will have a hell of a time explaining to a judge why. Indeed if it gets sold to a dca and they attempt court action you could counter claim due to unlawful termination of contract.

S.

You don't happen to have the envelope it came in do you?

If it came second class it's 4 days business days for service - which allowing for the weekend would be the 17th...

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

OH MY GOSH,

Just saw how much is outstanding on the loan and how much the arrears are.

They have really shot themselves in the foot with this.

Invalid default notice

Unlawful cessation of contract.

Let it go to a DCA and you will be able to show them the door. :D

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

In this case i dont think the envelope is needed as it is clear as day no service time has been added going by the dates unless of course a judge decides you got it on the day of issue which is highly unlikely.

Regards

PF.

P.S lock that DN in the safe

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

In this case i dont think the envelope is needed as it is clear as day no service time has been added going by the dates unless of course a judge decides you got it on the day of issue which is highly unlikely.

Regards

PF.

P.S lock that DN in the safe

...and termination notice :-D :-D

S.

Thanks for your help everyone.Is it worth me sending a letter to the co-op to try and bring this all to a conclusion or should I sit back and wait.The cca I have is not enforceable either

Are you sure that the CCA is not enforceable?

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Well they've managed to get wrong everything which was possible to get wrong; unenforceable CCA, defective DN & to put the icing on the cake, terminated the a/c too early.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

hiya am subbing

and wishing you good luck keep all info safe ;)

laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D