Live in greece but need a UK bank account for new job with holiday company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Posting up for a good friend someone please help!!

Ok so heres one for you. My wife and I moved to the Greek Islands 3+ years ago and gave up all bank accounts in the UK.

I had no intention of working again and we invested all our money into a property here. We have a Greek bank account.

I have been employed by Tui as a rep for the company due to the good job I did on a casual basis I did last year. However this job now requires I have a UK bank account to be employed with them.

I have telephoned many banks in the UK who will not deal with me as I do not have a proof of address in the UK even though we have my Mothers address for any future correspondance. I have explained I am unable to visit the UK in the near future as my job starts in 1 week and I was only offered the job 1 week ago. I can send them a copy of my passport but that is it. We are no longer on the electoral roll, have no utilities in the UK. I have no driving license either. It seems to smell of the old homeless situation with the old DSS as in so much that you could claim benefits for being homeless,,,,,,,,,,where shall we send your homeless cheque to?

I have tried even asking the on line "instant bank accounts" who charge about £12.00 per month to "operate" the account but still require a second ID .

Help, please or I loose the job.

Posting for a very good friend please help

Ok so heres one for you. My wife and I moved to the Greek Islands 3+ years ago and gave up all bank accounts in the UK.

I had no intention of working again and we invested all our money into a property here. We have a Greek bank account.

I have been employed by Tui as a rep for the company due to the good job I did on a casual basis I did last year. However this job now requires I have a UK bank account to be employed with them.

I have telephoned many banks in the UK who will not deal with me as I do not have a proof of address in the UK even though we have my Mothers address for any future correspondance. I have explained I am unable to visit the UK in the near future as my job starts in 1 week and I was only offered the job 1 week ago. I can send them a copy of my passport but that is it. We are no longer on the electoral roll, have no utilities in the UK. I have no driving license either. It seems to smell of the old homeless situation with the old DSS as in so much that you could claim benefits for being homeless,,,,,,,,,,where shall we send your homeless cheque to?

I have tried even asking the on line "instant bank accounts" who charge about £12.00 per month to "operate" the account but still require a second ID .

Posting for a good friend someone please help

As an aside, what about your employer? Many moons ago an ex-employer of mine opened an a/c for me when I was having difficulties. I don't know whether it's still possible but worth asking. Failing that you can always have the money paid into a relative's/friend's a/c and get them to transfer it to you.

jimbo you have this thread posted in 4 locations this makes it hard for members and you to follow the flow of your question ill find a mod to merge them

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.