Quick Quid advice required **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can you review the attached CCA reply for Mc Hall and give me any advice. Many Thanks :)

I have temporarily unapproved your attachments please post them again without any personal data showing

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that everything they sent you?

It clearly shows Page x of 12.

There aren't twelve pages there, so how can they say you now have a copy of the full agreement? I can't see a space for your signature either. Also, have they sent you a statement of payments to the account?

That interest rate is horrendous!

As it stands, it's no more than toilet paper IMHO...

Oh, and you need to remove your personal details on page two of the first PDF!

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

Hi, Little Lady81.

I have unapproved your attatchments, your name can be clearly seen on the second page of your 1st attatchment.

Could you please re-post, totally blanking out your name.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Halibutt.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Little_Lady81 - you could try doing the following:

REMOVING PERSONAL INFO FROM SCANS/PHOTOS

I've seen many examples in threads where people have used felt pen or biro to scribble over personal details. Don't do it. The information can easily be retrieved using Photoshop or similar.

Instead, use your photo editing software - even MS Paint will do the job.

In "Paint" simply open your document, use the "crop" tool to crop out any personal info. Drag the cursor around the bit you'd like to delete - it'll look like a rectangle with dotted lines. Hit the "delete" button on your keyboard. The pixel info is then removed from your image and can't be retrieved if someone tries viewing or downloading it - save your edited image under a different name and use the "properties" (right-click) function to remove personal details - this should prevent any info collection via EXIF data.

Here's an example:

74644a87594527.jpg

Please note, I am not professionally qualified in legal matters. Should you have any doubts, you should contact a legal expert.

However, I can and will help with matters regarding payroll as I am fully qualified.

If I've helped in any way, you're welcome to click on my "star" and thanks, but I gain the most satisfaction simply by helping/reassuring :O)

I can't post my attachments up at all now ??? :s
go advanced > manage attachments > add file

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 2 weeks later...

I too took out a loan with QQ and phoned them to try and make an arrangement. I got the same response, saying that they couldn't agree an arrangement, but just to ring up and make payments when I could. The next thing I know is that the muckie hall ppl call me at work! I said to them that I do not know who they are and to write to me. I then received an email from QQ confirming the debt had been sold to muckie hall, and also had an email from muckie hall asking me to call them. I didn't. Then I get a letter on 13th August telling me that I must pay the debt by the 17th! It says that if I didn't make payment by 17th they would approach the County Court for recovery via a CCJ.

I didn't think that this was allowed, as I haven't received any default notice. Is this right? I need to know what to do next as I would like to send muckie hall a letter telling them to do one!

You seem to have received plenty of sound advice already but just to add about 12 months ago I was getting both barrels from Muckys, was pointed in the right direction on here and since putting it all in writing the only thing I've had from them was a groveling letter promising to do nothing unless they got the original agreement. Amazingly, for a DCA, they appear to have kept their word. It may have something to do with the close attention the OFT are paying them. Well worth submitting a complaint to the OFT I'd say.

Their last letter is full of innacurate and misleading qoutes, they cannot obtain an AOE, or instruct Bailiffs to remove good to the value of, these are only available AFTER they have succesfully gained a CCJ against you and you fail to make payments to that CCJ.

Is that all of the documents they sent you?

It states there should be 12 pages, but I only count 10, page 6 is shown twice, and there is no page 4,8 or 9, although I must admit that does look like a very comprehensive and quite possibly enforceable agreement, as anything post 2007 is deemed to be compliant as they were forced to tie up all the loose ends.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there

If you were in Scotland then it's 5 years and not 6 so even now *ucky Hall have got their scatology filled knickers in a twist.

Also the debt is statute Barred in England 6 years from the date of LAST payment (or when you last acknowleged the debt so DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES).

Send the typical Prove It letter to *ucky Hall and then ignore anything else.

Cheers

jimbo

You should NEVER talk to them over the phone, they simply read from a script and add their own foul language in between with all sorts of empty threats and how they're going to make you sell your mother to pay them their beer tokens.

There are pages missing from the documents you posted, did they send these?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for replies. Should I make them an offer of payment then? They are horrible bullys when I try to call them so I've been trying to avoid that. Mark13 how did you deal with them?

Thanks

Fortunately for me it appears that they simply don't have anything which even purports to be a Credit Agreement. Once I'd put my request in writing their tone and attitude changed immediately and I haven't heard from them since, I'm sure thats more related to the OFT imposed requirements linked to in my last post than them suddenly rejoining the Human Race. So I would say, as others have done, don't speak on the phone. If you have something to say to them write, if they ring you refuse to answer security and tell them to write to you. They behave as they do on the phone because they can and know they are able deny it later if needs be.

Whether you make an offer is really a choice only you can make, if your agreement is enforceable(I'm not qualified to comment on that) it may be your only realistic long term option but if so keep in mind that only YOU or a court can decide what is an affordable monthly amount, what Muckys think of any offer is largely irrelevant and they have absolutely no right to your income and expenditure details.

I have emailed Mackenzie Hall as I don't want to speak to them by phone advising that I am suffering financial difficulties (I have been off sick from work) and I want to make a payment arrangement and have received a very curt reply saying they have complied with their part of the agreeement and if I do not make full payment within 7 days they will apply for a CCJ a letter arrived in the post this morning also to that effect. I am worried now as I cannot afford to pay them in full and don't want a CCJ against me. Why are they so horrible to negotiate with? Any advice on where I go next with this

F**k Hall will not be taking anybody to court, its just their usual bull****.

Firstly they would need to own the debt to issue court proceeding under their own name, F**k Hall collect on behalf of creditors on debts nobody else will touch with a barge pole, so only the original creditor QQ can file for a CCJ.

They told you they owned it to get you to pay up

If they bought it you should have received a Notice of Assignment to the fact, but I am almost certain you will not have received such.

Its just their usual senile ramblings to extort money from you.

Personally I would waste a stamp or the efford involded emailing this shower of s**ts. They have no powers whatsoever. They will eventually get fed up of being ignored and hand the account on to Meritfarce, F**k Hall's doorstepping team.

Who again can be to to go forth

Edited by alfwithhair

Thanks, I hope you are right. The letter through the post was all in red at the top and came in a brown envelope woth URGENT stamped on the outside rather than a usual white evenvelope. I was wondering what I could to stay them off at least until I get my money a bit more in order.

Also I note the CCA's in your signature. Have you managed to get some of your debts wiped? I am trying to do with with some of my credit cards.

Edited by Little Lady81
more info

It's a myth that debts can get 'wiped' as you put it. A debt is a debt and the only way to 'wipe' it is to pay it.

The CCA request is to get them to prove that the agreement is legally enforceable, if it isn't then you can 'legally' withhold payments, the only thing they are unable to do is to take any legal action against you in order to force you to pay, so they cannot take you to court, for non payment, they simply continue to send out their threat letters.

Even when a debt is Statute Barred they may still ask for payment toward the debt. but they can't do anything to enforce it, and can be told to go play on the motorway as it is SB.

Poor Allen Stewart with all these complaints against *uck 'all lol...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)