ARC chasing virgin gym debt

bobsp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Virgin Active cmail I owe £114, as they cmail I has 2 months left on my contract, this is indeed incorrect as I was on a monthly plan, IE pay a little more each month and then gibe a months notice to end. Well I gave the months notice and handed my card in, so did not even use it for the last month.

Now (well since October last year) ARC are calling me 2 -3 times a week, and they are telling me thay have put a £30 admin charge on. I am not entertaining them as Virgin have got it wrong, I called Virgin last year to question all this and was told that I did not give a "clear month's notice" They are telling me it is a calender month and you can not give notice part way through.

Anyway ARC have now started calling my workplacem well they have a number of times now. My boss has picked up a couple of times (if I am on the phone it rings another phone) 20 mins ago he called me in to ask who ARC were. I explained everything to him, and he told me that personal issues should not be discussed on company phones etc. Highly embarassed I told him I would sort it. I called ARC in my linch and told them not to call my work number, they have my home and mobile. They told me they could not remove numbers from their system, and "When are you paying the £144 Sir".

What can I do here. I dont want to get called in by my boss again.

I gave notice and handed my card in 1 whole month, which was paid for. ARC do not listen to me, I have told them to take this to court, something they don’t want to seem to do, they just keep calling me again and again 2-3 times a week, sometimes more. They tell me they will continue until this is paid. I have explained numerous times that notice was given, accepted by the staff at Virgin, and there is nothing more to pay, they simply tell me there is and I have to pay. I am livid now as this is getting into my worklife.

HELP…

You may also find the following of interest Debt Factsheets - Harassment of people in debt by creditors

The OFT can sometimes be a bit slow but it's still worth compaining to them. If you complain to Trading Standards they may actually give ARC a call which sometimes puts a halt to the phone calls.

You also may wish to make a complaint to the police on the grounds of this being harassment and endangering your employment. The police may, if you're lucky, have a wee chat with ARC which usually realigns the DCA twits thought process.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

They're also NOT ALLOWED to put their ridiculous "charges" on, unless the agreement originally said they can. £30 is too high anyway. They can only charge what it costs them (if it's in the agreement)

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action