reclaiming my dads various PPI's from Lloyds Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes correct

refer them to the FOS CQ.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as long as they are separate and NOT linked

let them get on with it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Short and sweet enough?

---------------------------------

I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 1/1/1, the contents of which are noted.

I reiterate the only loans and cards with mis-sold PPi I am highlighting? wrong word? are xxxx, nothing more.

You have already received a Financial Ombudsman Service PPi questionnaire, as advised on your website, for each loan and card in question.

-----------------------------------

and yes the extra ones they attached were linked and out weighed making a claim on as had pauid out/

Many thanks

E!

Bump :)

Also, on checking separate letters came through, one of which mentions the biggest loan which has been paying out :/ easily outweighs the rest of the claim, thoughts?

I recall reading where someone had made a claim, and it turned out it was mis-sold, but as had paid out they had to pay all the money back and ended up badly out of pocket! Obv don't want that to happen!

Cheers

E!

you have totally lost me now....

dx

and they

Ok

So I sent in the claim and listed all the loans which we believe had mis-sold PPi.

I did not include the two which actually paid out/paying out, as they would outweigh the claim on those particular two.

When we got the reply from them, they sent three separate letters, amongst those letters they quoted the two which had have paid out, which I had NOT included or sent any information about as we don't want to claim or mention them.

They seem standard letters, basically asking to fill out their own questionnaire, but as you know I did a separate FOSQ for each one already and sent them in with spreadys.

So do you think they are trying to play it clever, but trying to bring these two, which im sure they know have paid out, into the claim. Maybe so they could say, we should have sold them to you, but this means you owe us the money back?! Maybe I am over thinking or complicating it?!

Cheers

E!

if your father has 'used' the PPI on any of the loans in the 'chain'

then they are relevant to the overall picture.

what simply happens is that any money you father has already 'had'

will be taken from the total of the reclaim figure.

you can 'exclude' them.

though I doubt he ever got back anything like what hes already paid in + interest

dx

and they

Oh

That changes things then, I did say this before

The last two in the chain, the ones I didn't put in a claim for, have paid out more than the other amount he paid per month with interest for the nine mis-sold ppis in the chain prior to them...

Did you mean can or cant exclude them?

I don't know what to think now then?

still doesn't detract from the point that he didn't know he didn't have to have ppi

claiming [using it to pay make payment against the loan] is all ok but it shouldn't change things.

you'll also prob find that the payments only last for 12mts in any one period

but ofcourse he was charged loan rate int on the PPIfor the whole term of the loan

even after 12mts.

the dates here might play a part too.

ok he claimed on the PPI from XXX date

so they could reasonably argue from that point he could have thus then known it was optional?

as he discovered he could claim

by reading the T&C's?

but then on the reverse side of this

if the previous loans rolled ppi has not ever been levied

did he even owe ANYTHING at the point where he began to claim on the PPI?

see what I mean?

I don't really think it matters 'what' as such you put in the FOS CQ

as long as its correct and a carefully reasoned response using it.

again, the bottom line is

he never knew the PPI was there , nor what it was for until he was told? he could use it.

dx

This seems apt dx from what you said here...

So did my last post make sense?

What I mean is, there are about nine loans I put the PPi claim in for

Plus...two more which I had not claimed in, because they have both paid out and were if you like, the final links in the chain

So even though loan nine was rolled into loan ten, as the PPi was then used it didn't seem right to try claim, plus I know it more than outweighs any £ you could back!

Cheers

E!

In addition, almost comical.

We received a seperate letter saying they would not consider a refund on one of the loans as it has been paying out, this is the very one that I didnt want to claim on, but they brought up themselves, lol, then answered the question for me!

Any thoughts on previous please?

Cheers

E!

NGE - subbing as just starting the process with this bunch for a relative. think they are just delaying by referring to loans you are not contesting as mis-sold. Would expect any refund you would get would far exceed anything they could expect to claw back.

I am a long way behind - just about to fire off a sar - 2 loans with no paperwork from 2002 and one with PPI but still outstanding debt in dispute. like you want to make sure no gaps in claim.

Good luck and don't give in. - sure you have a solid claim or would have been rejected.

Good luck too mate, have subbed to your one earlier :)

Yeah, pretty stupid of them really, grrrr

Not sure if it is relevant they have already taken more than eight weeks to reply?

I am guessing I need to respond to yet another address on the most recent PPi letter, a BX1 postcode?! Seems to be a plethora of them!

Yes mate, if its anything like the one we got back your SAR should be very interesting ;)

Cheers Eddie - We have had 3 letters from the PPI team in Leeds over last year - address in Leeds - LS1 9NW - with their questionnaire - ignored til now but replying saying grounds for misselling but cant complete as had more than one loan. SAR about to go to address - cant find think it includes Charlton Place.

if more than 8 weeks would send a gentle reminder stating over time, give them a couple of weeks and if no responpse then FOS.

Yeah same, would not put a single dot of ink on those questionnaires!

http://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/DoSearch?reg=330171

This should give correct address for SAR, its the data controller, I searched through my thread here but cannot find the page. but sure this is the one.

The template I used is on here too so feel free to borrow :)

Seems to be getting a lot of phone calls from them now, three a day, would they be classed as harassment?

Saying cannot find the questionnaires and to fill their ones in, despite the fact they were attached to each spread sheet :roll:

Told them would only deal in writing then they call again!

Advice please?

Thanks

E!

you want money out of them

so harassment....

can you not just send them another set of FOS ones?

dx

and they

Indeed dx!

Yes I have them all saved so can print and re-send if needed, so I guess this is just their usual game playing?

They have now went about six separate letters, all with different case numbers referencing different loans with con job questionnaire attached!

Cheers

E!

write back

point out to them that ALL the loans are linked as they are all in a refinance 'chain'.

refer them to the FOS questionnaire that you have included

and that having sourced advised from the FOS, there is no need to fill in 'the banks' own questionnaires, as the FOS one is universally accepted.

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dx and y'all!

So a MASSIVE update...

Over the last week or so we have received various letters and cheques of pure confusion!!!

In brief, the claim I submitted which I could not have main any simpler totalled 25k...

We have received offers so far totalling 9k...

They claim to have done this on the basis of still denying receiving the FOS questionnaires or spreadys I sent, and seem to have randomly separated the claims with different staff members dealing with different loans, two of which I had never mentioned as were the ones which paid out, lol

The cheque we already have received refers to the one which paid out in full and I never asked to claim on, weird!

and annoyingly one stated...previously investigated...this is untrue, and they attached that loan to THIER OWN wrong reference number, more blatant lies, they claim on a phone call my Dad made a conversation took place as to why and how it was mis-sold, this without a shadow of a doubt did not get mentioned on the call, it was him calling to say, what is happening as its been two months and have not heard a thing!

So, is this just tactics, or pure stupidity?!

I await your responses with eagerness! :)

Cheers

E!

write back and tell them what is wrong.

dx

and they

yes i'd send them

point out they are all in a chain .

dx

and they

Shall do :)

I really am amazed they are so bold as to state a phone call took place and certain things were said in relation to the mis-selling, which we know for a fact were not!!! so shall be asking for a copy of that phone call, surely they are asking for trouble making such allegations?!