reclaiming my dads various PPI's from Lloyds Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys,

So, it gets a little more confusing...

We have now received actual cheques totalling a bit over 20k...

Obviously this is a good thing

However, the two biggest cheques are the for the two loans which I did not claim for when I submitted it because they both paid out and the loans off in full. We even have a letter stating we cannot claim on one from months back...because it paid out?! Yet it is THEM who have brought them up, done all the investigating and ending up deciding it was mi-sold.

There is a different persons name for each claim too, so its a bit random really!!!

If you added these two I am talking about here to the original claim figures I submitted, it pushes the whole claim to almost 40k!!!

So, do we take the money and run?

Get them to actually read the FOS q's I submitted?

Or is this a really clever tactic, so once these two cheques which paid out are cashed, they want to come back and say by cashing the cheques you agree the ppi was mis sold, so you should have never had it in the first place, so if it wasn't there, they should not have paid out?!?! This is my biggest concern, OR am I just overthinking it?

Opinions much, much appreciated!

Cheers

E!

as always you are over thinming me thinks

there are obv more claims to be settled

simple ask them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You know me too well dx!

I am waiting on one more letter then can check their figures compare to mine.

So you have not seen a claim pay out, then they come back and say they shouldnt have re-paid the loan and come back on the person?

E!

If you accept in full and final settlement, my own view is they would struggle to request repayment of an overpaid amount from you as "full and final " has to work both ways. In all likelihood, given the volumes of cases that they are dealing with it is unlikely that anybody would even look at the case again.

Thanks mate, thats interesting and a good point about both ways.

All the letters say...to bring this matter to a close...so maybe getting something stating Full and final would be good?

Incidentally, what is a normal good offer to make to clear a 3k debt on FNF? like 30% of the debt amount?

Cheers

E!

In terms of the cheques, you could write to them with something along the lines of "although the figures differ from my own I can confirm that I will accept your offers on the strict basis that these offers are in full and final settlement of any further claims arising from these accounts"

In terms of offering a full and final on an outstanding balance there are lots of factors involved, the lender, the amount, the paperwork held and how confident they would be of enforcing in court and also how the lender views your circumstances. If you were settling a Lloyds case, assuming the departments share information, I cant see them accepting a F&F given they know you have £20k +in cheques on the mantelpiece. If it was another lender and you have established the debt is enforceable then my personal view is always start low and work up - if you are hoping to settle at 30%, I would be starting around the 10% mark

Thanks Andy, I am going to sit down and go through all the figures this weekend. By the way they still stand by claiming to not have recieved the FOS Q I submitted for each loan despite it being signed for! each letter seems to be very similar and where they have paid a refund offer it they all say...upheld in part? but cannot yet find an explanation why? :/

Yes so with the FnF, bascially they sold the c/c debt recenlty to another DCA, who straight away offered a 25% reduction to pay off in full, so am thinking of offereing them a better for us FnF amount, so maybe for 10% of the 3k debt?!

Cheers

E!

Oh yeah, but, and in a way its maybe silly I havent pursued this, I believe the default notice for the credit card debt is actually invalid, so not sure if its going down this road?

Hi all,

So after going through all the offers and calculations it appears they have offered about half of what I make it to be, is this is normal practise?

Also I worked out they must have received the FOS Q's as they grouped each claim into matching loan numbers as per the spreadsheets, which had the Q's attached to them! So normal tactics?

Cheers

E!