Sirhc v Barclays

sirhc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Great idea I thought I would open a new bank account on line as suggested before sorting out my bank charges and have just realised that I have opened one (with Alliance) that says they will transfer direct debits etc.. if they do that will I still be able to go after my bank (Barclays) or will I not be in a good position if my account is transferred?

Hope someone caN put my mind at rest

Thanks

Hi Sirhc

Even if the account is closed you can still go after them for the unlawful charges.

Its best to have all your DD ect in the new account so you have done fine so far just make sure you read the FAQ's and step by step if you have not already done so and start your own thread in the Barclays bank forum and keep to that one to ask all your questions and so others can see how you are going:)

Good luck mate

Welly:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Dear god, if your parachute account is with the A&L, how bad was your old bank?

Frying-pan v Fire.

!!!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have requested copies of my statements and I am awaiting those to be sent to me. So I have started the procedure to hopefully get my charges back.

I am overdrawn with the bank (I had gone £77 over my overdraft limit). I received a letter today which said £30 referral fee. I nipped in and paid in cash of £150.

I just went on line and the £30 referral is showing plus £30 commission today and another £35 commission today. All in all I am now £25 over my overdraft limit.

I have just rang the bank and they say because I was over my overdraft limit and a standing order was bounced that is what the commission charges are for.

When I list my bank charges can I claim back these commissions? or is it just charges that are called referral charges.

ps I wasn't sure how to post on Barclays thread

Hope someone can help

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Go to the Barclays forum, top left, click on New Thread and post your progress and questions there.

1. Please read the above, this is the Welcome forum, you need to start your own thread in Barclays.

2. If you know the answer to your question is in the FAQs, try looking there first

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

I am at the stage now that I have filed on line with Moneyclaim. Now I am starting to panic. Should I send a schedule of my charges to the Court and to the bank or should I wait until I have a court ref number. Or do I need to do this at all? (I have sent a copy to the bank when I first asked for my money back)

Regards

Chris

Thanks Claire.

Hi Everyone

I am at the stage now that I have filed on line with Moneyclaim. Now I am starting to panic. Should I send a schedule of my charges to the Court and to the bank or should I wait until I have a court ref number. Or do I need to do this at all? I have sent a copy to the bank when I first asked for my money back

Regards

Chris

Yes, you now need to produce a schedule that includes the 8% interest and you should, after filing your claim with MCOL, send one copy to MCOL by post, and, at the top of that one, you must put your claim reference number which MCOL will have given you- it should be in the e.mail follow up to acknowledge your claim and also on the page your claim appears on. Produce another and substitute the MCOL number with the reference number from the Banks’ letter to you.

Include a letter in each referring to the schedule, and mention that you have sent the other party a copy of this schedule. I have sent every one of my letters by recorded delivery. Some people here say that that is not necessary but I did anyway. It’s up to you at the end of the day.

The Addresses you need to send the copies of the schedule are:

For Barclays:

Barclays PLC

Litigation and Disputes Team

Level 29

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

And for MCOL it’s

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

MCOL letter (Amend for the bank). Send the schedule as per date of filing (daily rate will take care of the rest)

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

What I did was to print out two copies on any particular day, and just send a letter with it, as described in my previous post and including in the letter that the "interest as at XX/XX/2006".

The text is nothing special - there is no template. Something

along the lines of "please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges in respect the above claim. the interest quoted is correct as at XX/XX/2006. Could you please add it to my file."

Welshman

Just about to send them off and wondered if I should add court costs to the total

Thanks

Chris

No, just send the schedule including the 8% as they are displayed. Court costs will be added automatically by the Court.

Welshman

• 4 months later...

I have just received a 'Notice of allocation to the small claims track (preliminary hearing' for April 19th

'Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because

'special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you'

Can anyone explain this to me

Thanks

Chris

Would I need to take anything with me. Have looked on other posts and cannot see a letter saying that the 'Judge would prefer to explain'

sorry perhaps I am being thick!!

I have just received a 'Notice of allocation to the small claims track (preliminary hearing' for April 19th

'Before the claim is listed for hearing, the judge has ordered that a preliminary hearing should take place because

'special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you'

Can anyone explain this to me

Would I need to take anything with me. Have looked on other posts and cannot see a letter saying that the 'Judge would prefer to explain'

sorry perhaps I am being thick!!

Thanks

Chris

• 8 years later...

Hi There. This got sorted but cant remember how or what now but it never went to court and they paid me out. No one replied so I thought it was something that no one had heard of. My new post is regarding the additions account.

Thanks

Chris